It's easier to...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by boo, Oct 26, 2010.

It's easier to...

1. feel crappy and stay that way in case something bad happens.

2. be happy even at the risk having that taken away.

3. feel nothing at all so i'm not affected in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I sometime just don't even want to get better or feel happy cause i know i'll just end up being sad again. I prefer to be just straight sad. Happiness is ephemeral, while Sadness is eternal :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
  2. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I think I'd like to remain apathetic about everything. It bothers me at first but I'm sure I'd get used to it. Having happiness taken away is one of the hardest things to deal with. At least if you don't care, you can't get hurt.
  3. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I would rather feel nothing, no happiness, no anger, no depression, no sadness nothing.
  4. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

But then, that said, it's our emotions that make us human.
  5. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

yep good things are always followed by bad shit
    one good day =ten bad days, and thats if youre lucky
  6. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I was going to vote for feeling nothing, but then realised that the question is what's easier, so I voted that it's easier to be happy even at the risk of having it taken away, because even though I would rather not feel anything at all, I still let myself hope that I can be happy. Even though it hurts all the more when I crash back down, I find it easy to find little bits of happiness. It's just sad that they're so few and far between.

7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I went for rather just stay sad then having to deal with the down hill slide once I'm happy.

When ever I'm happy, someone seems to want to fuck it up. Say something that'll just ruin the day.

This could be one of my problems, after so long I've grown acustomed to my somewhat never ending unhappiness - making me fearful of getting help.

Meh, who knows.
  8. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I think it's easier to survive when happy. The old adage is true that it's better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all.
  9. Aphorism

Aphorism Well-Known Member

it's almost better to be in constant fluxes of sadness with sprinkles of happiness, because to let yourself be truly eventually seems to be an illusion. looking back on it, it'll start to seem like a lie or a dream.

i just want to live in reality. even if it sucks.
  10. chipped_d

chipped_d Member

Happy with sprinkles of sadness. I'd like to say apathetic, but that means nothing will get done and then I'll get depressed anyway.
  11. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Feel nothing at all so i'm not affected in any way.
    Getting quite at it, really become numb about most everything and everybody in the world, though I've gotten really good at it no it's not the right thing to do, not sure how to change it or if I do want to change it.:blink:
  12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm strongly bipolar and my moods can switch in an instant, and often.

But I like being happy. It might (and probably will) be taken away soon, but it's nice to have now.
  13. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I chose "feel nothing at all so i'm not affected in any way" because if I just don't feel anything about a situation, its easier for me. I'm getting to where I just feel crappy about everything though to prevent disappointment. I'd still much rather just feel nothing though. Emotions are evil. =_=
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.