1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's easy to slip...

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Seerbrum, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerbrum

Seerbrum Well-Known Member

A year and a half ago, I took an attempt on my life, nearly killed me.

Thats the unimportant part.

The last couple of months I've had to pull myself back from that brink again, I could feel it, as the days started to wear me out again, as I seem to refuse to sleep, and every morning was like watching a dark sun rise. The sun can look so dark at times.

See I managed to shut off quiet a few parts of me after my first attempt, I'd given up in the a sense, in order to survive. And it worked to a lesser extent, I was becoming happier, I had a good job, was managing my life like any other 20 year old. I had my friends, I wasn't prone to random bouts of depression, I wasn't drinking or smoking nearly as much as I use too, but then on the whim of the heart, and taking some EXTREMELY STUPID ADVICE from a friend. I threw myself right back into a state of pure self descructive behavior.

And I knew it would but I followed blindly into that trap anyways. And for the last few months, I've managed to calm parts of myself down, done a little damage control, and have gotten myself to a place where I can at lest function.

Two months ago I was all bullets and razors I swear.

Anyways I'm making this post because right now, I'm managing to shut those parts of me off again. I can finally be a bit more pragmatic about things. I've screwed my life up, don't get me wrong, but at lest it's easier when I don't seem to care so much about stupid shit.

Got to be careful out there is all I'm saying. My friend thought he was helping me (I had gotten a little depressed about life in general, but no where near the depths of alcoholism and self destructive behaivor I find myself now) but in reality following his advice was the worse thing I could of done. Not his fault really, he didn't know I could be such a social clutz, nor did he realize how much certain things can hurt a senstive human being like me.

See I just woke up after three hours of sleep due to the lack of nicotine and alcohol in my system. I'm that addicted sometimes, I can't sleep because of the lack of chemicals in my body. I wasn't that bad a year ago, but hell I gotta self medicate, but now I've come to completely depend on it just to function (again if I never had gotten so depressed again but Coulda,shoulda, woulda!). Considering I can still squeeze enough money to make bills and keep myself delightlfully intoxicated, is quiet a feat! Considering I lack any true employment, living by the skin of my teeth.

I'm actually glad I managed to get to this point though, it was scary at times but I'm wiser now.

Funny part was, the exact words from my mouth were "Dude, I think I shouldn't." Guess what? I shouldn't of.

One friend, giving me a tiny bit of advice, made me lose my job, flung me straight back into addictions, and set my life back at lest a couple of years. It's easy to slip up.

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I am glad you were not successful :hug: at this point do you think maybe some outside professional help would be of some value?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.