It's Eleanor

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Linny, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linny

Linny Active Member

So I've opened this tab quiet a few times and begun to write whole stories just to let the tab close again. I just can't feel justified in putting down my thuoghts because I feel like it's all worthless and I'm just going to get told I'm wrong anyways. That's always been the probelm. I guess you can say I've been a part of the whole "Instagram Society" for the depressed and while I've made a few friends on there I've realized it's not helping. It doesn't get better and, yeah, I know there's always something to live for but it never leaves, does it. I just get angry at everyone and then I never expect anyone to understand. It's hard enough making new friends but then you laden them down with all this extra shit and it gets tough because you know they don't really want to be there or they get tired of you. And I know this because I've done it to other people.

I guess this is a really crappy introduction. Fine. Hi, I'm Eleanor, although I call myself Lin sometimes because that's the better part of the two idiots in my head. I don't exactly know how these go because I didn't want to look through anyone else's before I wrote mine and get discouraged from writing it so I don't know if that's selfish or whatever but anyways. So I guess basically I turned to a forum because I got tired of Instagram and people telling me that I had a lot to live for and whatever because I felt like they were just arguing with me; the whole point in me writing was because I was upset and I wanted someone to be upset about it with me, not be my shoulder. I've been on Proboards before and I like to write and Roleplay because I like forming relationships with others that I wish were real. I like putting myself on paper. But I gave up after I discovered most of the forums dried up or people had no interest in chatting with the newbie. I hate reality because if I'm not in school, everything's stressing me out. I'd like to get a second and third job but I've got three more months until I turn eighteen and it's too difficult and I don't like sitting around and all of my hobbies have become dull and all of my friends are back in school but I graduated a year early and couldn't pay my tuition so I'm stuck home for a year. I've been getting discouraged lately and I can't find a muse for anything. It all just really hurts. So I just want a friend. Another friend I guess. I just want to be in a big group again so that I can fade into the background without being forgotten. Like a warm hug, yknow?

So, if there's anything else you'd like to know I guess just ask. My favorite color is purple.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Lin. *purple hugs for you* Welcome!

Sounds like you're having a real down period, and I'm sorry to hear that. It can be hard when people around us don't quite understand what we're going through. Lots of people here are familiar with depression and the impact it can have on motivation, outlook on life, relationships. We're a pretty friendly and supportive group, so I think you'll meet some new people here! :)

3. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

When I've suffered with depression I found most people didn't understand, and now I have a physical illness it's the same, this is a nice forum to chat to people who are going through similar things.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

This place is nice to be part of.

Welcome aboard.

5. Linny

Linny Active Member

Thank you for the Welcome Acy and I appreciate the purple hugs. I also agree with you signature about squirrels, they do certainly seem to live right.

Donnan, I too have a physical illness that actually links with my depression but because the doctors can't explain it and don't know what it is, it's difficult for me to explain it to others and they often get frustrated with me over it.

I also enjoy your quote for your signature, Drowned, and I'm started to get a little more courage since I've gotten replies to this thread. I really didn't think anyone would reply. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.