It's funny how no one ever notices or they just don't care

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AbsoluteRelativity, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been into suicidal thoughts my entire life, but I don't get how is it that when I'm at my worst stage and the only thing that keeps me here is my cowardice or I'm severely depressed -I mean depressed, not just sad- and I want to cry at all times, no one notices it. Nor when I get my eyes red and tears occasionally arise, nor when I get isolated and don't eat or talk for days. Never. It's funny I guess...

Or maybe they just don't care. Who cares anyway. Do people realizes when you're in there?

2. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

People in my experience completely lack the wisdom or knowledge to help in these matters. Sadly in our culture we're more concerned with appeasing our gratuitous natures then taking time and effort to truly helping others. I guess that's why the pharmo/mental health industry is booming, whose got the time to help others(?), so let's just drug 'em up and lock 'em away. There are pepople who care but the real question is what can the do to help? Maybe you can get a *hug* sweetie (retch). Good luck anyway.

3. lostsheep

lostsheep Member

There are also times when they notice and say you just want attention. That you're over reacting and you just need to 'grow up'.

I understand when you said it's cowardice that kept you alive. I think it the case for me too. I tried 2 months ago and surprise surprise I'm still here. My husband found out and felt devastated about it. Made him feel depressed as well and I felt guilty. Was I glad that it didn't happen? I'm not so sure. There are days when I wished it had happened.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that it is better that people don't notice than know that they are aware but think you're just playing.

4. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

The funny thing is I"m invisible. I go to the store or anywhere in a public place and most of the time no one even notices i"m there. I honestly think I could just walk out of stores with stuf and no one would notice. I'm a middle aged male, average looking with absolutely nothign in his life. It's incredible when you're like this, how the world goes by and no one knows you're there.

5. Maybe lostsheep is right and it's better this way. I think there's none who'll miss me if I go, I've read guilt and the effects that will have on others is one of the things can stop you from committing suicide. I'm glad nobody cares about me so I won't feel bad about it.

6. lostsheep

lostsheep Member

Thing is... When I was about to do it. I thought of the horror of the people people in the park would have to go through. What if it's a child? What if...

If only I had a friend. It will make all the difference in the world.

7. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

People are good at seeing but they wont accept it, they cant cope and just walk away, try and ignore whats going on, does make me mad, but not everyone is strong enough to cope with peoples pain/problems or some just dont care.

8. Rag doll

Rag doll Member

From my experience most people do notice, they just turn their heads away and choose to ignore because they are selfish. That's our culture nowadays - me me me. Why help others and deal with uncomfortable and painful things, when you just can ignore them.

9. They should be suicide places, were you could commit it painless and the most honorable way (if there is any honor doing it anyway) and you could find people in crysis, just as you. Depressed and suicidal people always make nice company to each others. There are more possibilities to find someone who would care there, or at least that's what I suppose.

It's a shame we had to live in this society.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.