It's funny how simple things such as people changing can affect your mental health

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Casualfitzy, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casualfitzy

Casualfitzy New Member

I moved into this apartment with 3 great friends, ones I'd known since middle school/high school and for the first couple months everything was going great. I mean, great in that aspect. My life is pretty shitty. I'm smart, I understand too much and desire too little in life. The only thing keeping me going was their friendship the hoping for the light at the end of the tunnel working shitty jobs failing to get work with this crappy degree I have. I haven't tried to make new friends in many years and I have no desire to. I really dislike people for the most part and spend the majority of my nights by myself. Now I feel alone on this earth. No soulmate, no passion, no desire. I've been trying to write good music for 12 years now and utterly failing in all aspects. Everything that was once good is now shit. I simply put up with life for the sake of putting up with life. Laziness, if you will. It's just too easy to get caught into this abhorrent routine of awfulness just to make rent at the end of the month. It sucks and I will not be on this earth much longer as I see it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Re: It's funny how simple things such as people changing can affect your mental healt

Time for you to change things up a bit you are bored with life then change it.
    You are educated go backto school and get another degree that interest you
    meet people that way with the same interest. Boredom is not a reason to kill yourself. If you are depressed then see a professional and get some councilling okay get some helpto make those changes to get yourself back into the living world Don't just give up there is alot of life out there just need to go after it.

3. Casualfitzy

Casualfitzy New Member

Re: It's funny how simple things such as people changing can affect your mental healt

I have no more desires... I'm done.

4. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

At least you have friends, and a degree, even it is a "shitty" one. You have achieved more in your life than i have. At least you have a dream, even if you are struggling to achieve it.

5. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Its difficult coping with apathy, I never feel like doing anything, but I know that that’s just the depression and that if I want my life to get better that I have to get my arse into gear! You must do the same too! You have to make the effort on your half if you want things to change for the better. Things were bound to change once you had all settled- the truth is that no matter how close friends are you don’t truly know someone till you’ve lived with them, all you can do as a friend is accept the “changes”. Isolating yourself is not a solution, be sure to get out there, go out, I know it’s difficult to find the energy but once you’re out you may even find yourself having a good time!

Take care and be safe,

Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.