Its funny, I thought I was passed this,

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pleasehelpme, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleasehelpme

pleasehelpme New Member

Its been a long time since I've had thoughts like this. I've never tried anything before, but its a really scary feeling to catch myself thinking about ending it all. I thought I was over these feelings but I guess I'm not.

I just don't see a reason for chugging along. I just feel so lonely and alone. What bothers me is BEING ALONE. I'm terrified of it. I have recently come to the realization that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. Its not a fun feeling, but theres no way around it. There is nothing, and no one for me.

I'm tired of being taken advantage of, and for people wanting to be around me only when its advantageous for them. I think that I have a lot to offer, but apparently no one else does. It makes more sense to me that I'm wrong and everyone else is right. Its just laws of averages. Why else would I be kept around until its not advantageous for me to be around, then I'm just cast aside.

Feeling nothing would be better then feeling worthless. The worst part is that I know that I don't have it all that bad. Lots of people have things a lot worse then I do, and they don't think like this. Again feeling nothing would be much better then knowing I'm a winey, weak person.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

welcome to SF

i'm sorry you are feeling so low right now. i don't think you are whiney or weak, it takes a lot of courage to write what you did, sharing so honestly how you are feeling.

you know, one of the symptoms of depression is feeling worthless and alone. we start to believe that feeling worthless means we are worthless, which is not true at all. feeling suicidal, which we think of as the solution, is also another symptom. if you are depressed you need to know that depression can be treated. with some work and support your outlook will change. things won't always seem as bleak as they do right now

3. Ire

Ire Guest

I feel the same way alot of the time.
    But you do not want to feel numb... those are the scariest times. The closest I ever get to suicide is when I feel numb.

Being alone sucks >.< because there is nobody to have reason to exist for...
  4. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Turn it around. How 'bout thinking you're right and everyone else is wrong?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.