Its getting harder to resist

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Jewel 24, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jewel 24

Jewel 24 Active Member

I used to be a cutter. I haven't cut myself or burned myself in like three years. But as life gets harder and harder I want to revert back to old ways. Man it used to feel so good! And I need to feel right now. My only reservation is where will i do it. The place where I feel the best when I do it is on my arms and it is comming up on summer time. I mentor kids now. What will they think when they see my arms? What will there parents think. I have no other outlet right now. If I dont' do something I will burst wide open! I have to feel! What am I supposed to do? I can't hold out much longer. I need a drink or something! ANYTHING!:help:

2. Forsaken Heretic

Forsaken Heretic Well-Known Member

Sorry things are so hard for you right now. Three years is a big deal, you should be proud. Try to stay active and not think about it, as hard as that may be sometimes. Defiantly stay away from drinking, that wont help your situation -- believe me I know.

I completely understand how you're feeling, and I hope things get better for you soon.

Stay safe.

3. Jewel 24

Jewel 24 Active Member

Thnx. For the advice. I'm trying. taking it minute by minute. I don't have any alcholol in the house right now so that's good b/c I don't feel like leaving to go get any. But man do I need an outlet right now. Any suggestions on good activites to do by yourself on a Saturday night?

4. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

My best advice would be to focus on two feelings: how proud you are that you have made it three years, and how you would feel after the euphoria of SI wore off - pretty bad, right? Stay strong.

5. Jewel 24

Jewel 24 Active Member

Thanks Believe! I would feel pretty bad after it was over if I did it now. I am trying to remember that cutting myself is a temporary fix to a much deeper problem.

6. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

you should do some exersise untill you´re exausted.and after a nice shower, it helps alot!

7. Jewel 24

Jewel 24 Active Member

Thanks JD sounds like a really good idea! I will defintely utilize that the next time I have the urge to SH!

8. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

You can punch a pillow to or grab some ice cubs in your hands^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.