It's getting too much

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by JJRiggers, Jun 22, 2016.

1. JJRiggers

JJRiggers Member

I've been depressed and had alcohol abuse problems for a while now.
    I've managed to keep the drinking under control and hidden.
    But I fucked up last week. I don't remember the weekend, but looking at my bank statement, I spent 50 quid on Beer and drank it all by myself alone.
    Now that's fine, but the problem is I joined a new church to try and get help and get clean, and I'm almost 100% sure that I went to the services on Sunday. This is obviously a problem as God know's what I said, or did. I'm trying to be a better person, but it's hard.
    I can't face anyone at church again, and I'm embarrassed to even go back to the shops, just incase I said or did something when I was drunk there.
    Now I'm all alone again, with no one, no hope and I'm terrified to leave my house =[
    Sorry for the rant, I'm just feeling so hopeless.

2. JJRiggers

JJRiggers Member

bump =[

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have done stupid things when drunk and then I was too embarrassed to leave the house. The simple fact remains. You cannot change what has already been done but you must move on, it's in the past, be a better person by not letting this happen again. I'm glad you're trying to be a better person that will be good for your confidence. I think you just need to cool down and face them, it will be forgotten about and be old news by next week. Keep the faith and keep being a good person :) (hugs)

4. JJRiggers

JJRiggers Member

*hugs*
    Thanks. I'm just feeling so bad, I can't really see a way out tbh, meeting new people and going to a new church and stuff was supposed to be a coping strategy for me, now I've burned that bridge =/

5. Petal

It still can be a coping strategy. You are just feeling low and ashamed and embarrassed but it will blow over, don't let one thing set you back. You are a good person, are you going to AA? Or something similar? ((gentle hugs))

6. JJRiggers

JJRiggers Member

I just can't face people again, God only knows if I said or did anything stupid, and honestly I don't think I wanna find out and feel worse about myself.I'm not currently, I'm not sure that would help.
    But then again, I'm not really doing good on my own as it is. *sighs* Just wish this would all end.

7. Petal

I honestly am not sure what advice to give you, but want you to know I know you are doing your best and are a good person. I hope everything goes okay in the next few days, best of luck. Don't ever let anyone else put you down,you are worthy of respect and admiration for your efforts,we all do silly things, those silly things do not define who you are as a person. Good luck.

JJRiggers likes this.