It's going to be one long summer.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

My summer holidays began yesterday (it's 1am now). I haven't got anything planned. I really need to find something to keep myself distracted during the time. It'll be like 8 weeks or something. Anyone got any ideas?

I have one idea but I'm sure I would get tired of it after one week. My mum bought me a sewing machine and I was thinking of going to buy some materials and designing cosplays (japanese costumes/harajuku).

How do you escape city life when your only 16? For some reason I've been wanting to run around in the rain where there are a lot of green plants :blink:
    I've even downloaded a nature sound CD (Which is really good. I recommend it to everyone, it's relaxing ^_^)

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have you thought about volunteering somewhere like a soup kitchen for the homeless, or a senouir citizen home. It would probably help you by giving you something new to think about. I'm sure some of the residents would tell you some unbeleiveable stories. Just food for thought..
    I personally like winter. I lived in New York for six years. Upstate New York not the city. We would get some totally awesome snow storms. I ended back in Florida because I couldn't get a full time job. there just weren't any jobs.
    Here in Florida it gets so damn hot you don't want to be outside. Hey how about asking your parents or friends if they will take you outside of the city so you can have a picnic and enjoy the scenery???:chopper:

3. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

Maybe you SHOULD run around in the rain! Get your parents to go camping or join a summer camp or somat. Nature is awesome and I love rain too :tongue:.
    You can also learn a language! Anti awza 'rozz dilwe'ti O_O? (arabic for 'you want rice now O_O?' lol ^^)

4. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

if i get bored,i turn up the radio and jam to some beats!
    haha,its quite fun if you give it a shot.
    :p

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Waste some time here :biggrin:.
    I'm on summer vacation, but I don't have school to go back to, and I don't have a job, so I guess that means it's life vacation. At least until I decide I want to stop living with my parents.
    Until then, suicide forum wohoo :laugh:

6. mdancey

mdancey Member

My daughter tried to kill herself last week. She's not much younger than you are and has asked us to keep her occupied. In the 3 days that she's been home from the hospital we've managed to buy her some kick-ass running shoes (she likes to run but didn't have appropriate footwear) and have made arrangements for her to help out a local vet that does wild animal rescue work. I have to go with her for insurance reasons as she's underage, so K and I will be feeding lots of baby raccoons and fawns this coming weekend. The crisis worker told us that K needs to have other outlets other than the computer (oh this dreaded thing......alas we're all addicted) and her writing and art. As already suggested volunteering with seniors or as K is doing would not only keep you occupied but also be rewarding.

Hugs
    Mary

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with Beauutty. When my thoughts get crazy I crank the stereo. I like old rock and roll. I also like the new stuff like,Saliva, Puddle Of Mudd, Nickleback, Nirvana, Soundgarden, and some more I can't think of.
    Music is a good way to put those negative thoughts behind you, That is like right now I have Ted Nugent jamming Cat Scratch Fever. I hope you find something you use to like to do. That will keep your mind active...:chopper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.