Its just a matter of time

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ZombiePringle, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Recently I've been having overwhelming urges to not live. I started cutting again and don't eat much. I've lost a lot of weight. I know I won't actually go through with a suicide attempt but I have no will to actually take care of myself. I know if I continue not eating it will eventually kill me but I can't seem to find an appetite enough to eat enough. As each day goes on I know I might go past my not wanting to try and kill myself and might actually go through with it.

2. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

Another Kansas person....this place really sucks.

3. ZombiePringle

wow...okay then.

4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

This may not seem very helpful and I'm sorry if it doesn't but I am trying. I think it's a bad idea to starve yourself. You could do some kind of permanent harm to yourself and if you decided you wanted to live, that would really suck. Living things do not respond well at all to malnutrition. You will go through lots of misery before you will ever starve to death. Someone will end up rescuing you and you'll be nursed back to health as much as possible. The only thing you'll have accomplished is putting yourself through hell and possibly causing some weird disorders and problems in your bones, muscles, nerves and so forth.

As I say, if you do decide you want to live, your health is the most valuable thing you have. You can't ever get that back once it's gone. You can't buy it back.

5. ZombiePringle

Oh I know. Not purposely trying to starve. I force myself to eat what I can. I just don't seem to have much of an appetite.

6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

In that case, try and eat the most nutritious things you can when you do eat. If you don't eat much, it's very important to make your meals count.

I'm afraid I can't relate on not having much of an appetite. My depression has pushed me in the other direction. I eat for comfort. I eat a lot because eating is one of the few things I fully enjoy and nobody can spoil it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.