It's just me...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MorrighanNyx, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorrighanNyx

MorrighanNyx Member

I'm a 22 year old college graduate. I work 80 hours a week just to make ends meet in a very low paying, highly demanding job. Grad school wasn't meant to be since I did not get in.

I've been depressed for a long time, but it's gotten deeper and darker and suppressed memories have surfaced.

I need help, I know I do, but I don't know what to do.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hello morrighan, welcome to sf :)

3. Charlie Mine

Charlie Mine Member

Yeah....I had some tuff times in college, made it through vet school, then crashed and burned while I was a vet. I quit; now I'm a stay-at-home mom.

Soooo....First piece of advice: find a good counsellor.

Second: write. It is amazing how therapeutic that can be, especially if there is someone you trust to read it and give feedback.

Third: exercise, at least 30 mins of cardio a day. It builds up the level of 'feel good' hormones in your body. So does getting a massage, incidentally, though if you've been physically or sexually abused, it can trigger memories.

Fourth: try to get at least 8, but no more than 14 hours of sleep in a 24 hr period.

Fifth: get a pet. Their dependence on you gives you one more reason not to kill yourself, and the unconditional love they give (dogs are of course the most reliable for this, though some cats are lovey-dovey, too) helps...there've also been studies that show that petting an animal decreases stress hormone levels.

Sixth: read or watch something funny, even if you aren't in the mood for it.

Oh, and carbs!! Carbs build endorphins....

{oo} girl hug from Charlie

4. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

HI Welcome to SF :hug: :hug:

5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :hug:

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: Morrighan

7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member