It's like the world's telling me to die... *triggering*

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by RainbowChaser, Aug 17, 2007.

1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Just when I thought that I might be okay, someone decides that talking about their sex life in chat is appropriate, 10 minutes after I'd told them that it was triggering me :cry:

Looks like back to the cleaning products for me...
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

sammie, I know how hard it is to deal with triggering things but something you can begin to work on is how you deal with the things that trigger you. Often times you know what they are, so make a conscious decision that you will not react by trying to harm yourself because of the trigger. I know we are completely different people, but in my mind when i am triggered, it is not the problem of the person that triggered me but my problem. How I deal with that trigger is also my problem. Once I started thinking that way, I began to deal with them better and learned what I needed to do to ground myself. I don't know if that will help you or not, but it has me. :hug:
  3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

The chat moderator should have stopped that!
    If it keeps happeneing you should report them.
  4. RainbowChaser

There was no chat monitor in at the time, and not a single member of staff to be seen on the forum :(
  5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Sorry you got upset again by chat,
    And I'm sorry for last night, if I upset you or anything
    And by the way, no one wants you to die
    Am here for you :hug:
  6. RainbowChaser

You didn't upset me hun - my family got their nasty hats back on last night, and I couldn't do a thing right by them :(
  7. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Its impossible for staff to cover the chat room 24/7. Its up to members to be chat isnt appropriate. In saying that its going to happen from time to time, its just one of those things, probably just have to walk away from the computer for a while and come back...I cant think of any other solution for you. It will continue to happen.