It's Never Enough

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Prof.Bruttenholm, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

Exercise, Dieting, Confidence building.

It's never enough, even when I start to feel good about myself it only lasts for a few moments.

So many things weaken my confidence.
    Even things that shouldn't.

Seeing a guy who is more muscular than I am.
    Seeing a guy who is very fat with an incredibly attractive girl.
    And sometimes just getting looks from people.

I was told by someone I used to consider a friend "if you don't like what you see, change it".
    Well you can't change from being a true freak.

2. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

:hug:

I've tried building my confidence, but I've been struggling with it too. Something I've found that helps is to stop comparing yourself to other people. I'll see someone thinner than me, and I'll feel fat, I'll see someone smarter than me, and I'll feel stupid, I'll see someone stronger than me, I feel weak, and so on.

Maybe that will help you, maybe it won't. Either way, I wish you the best, and I'm here if you'd like to talk.

3. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think you are a freak.
    Alot of people strive for attention of others, trust me I'm having the same problem but you must be older than me, so maybe its different.

Its not "If you don't like what you see..change it." Its "If you don't like what you see, someone else will"

I'm here if you need a friend to talk to :)

4. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with that. There are people who like you the way you are.

5. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

Well I don't like myself the way I am.

I didn't like being fat, I wasn't tremendous but I was visibly overweight.
    I didn't like being an anti-social freak, not that I've gotten much more social.

What I want to be is a skilled, accomplished graphic designer, preferably working in the comic book industry.
    I'd also like to be some what muscular, not a body builder, but I feel flabby and out of shape.

6. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Haha, thats what I want to be. Muscles and Obesity, you can easily work on those if it really makes you feel bad. its hard, but at least it is a solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.