It's not a crisis if you really want to die

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by 5150incalif, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5150incalif

5150incalif Member

I do admit that I am compulsive. The last failed attempt happened after pain treatment failed. The next attempt will not be a crisis. I'm 100% sure that there will be no crisis the next time. I had enough suffering. I strongly feel that people have the choice to live or die. If I want to die, I should not have that option. However, I also feel there should be some level of a standard. Someone in pain with little hope of change. A completely healthy person is another issue. But, this is the issue. What determines a healthy person? Serious mental illness is one that needs to be considered based on each case. The bottom line is that person should have the right to determine when it's time to go.

In my case, I have physical issues that will require lifelong pain management. Mentally, I don't have control over the severe depression and other brain related illness that runs in the family, but there is a limit to what I can take. I've endured multiple hospitalizations and medication trials and years of therapy. Depression is painful. I do wish to go and want the right to do so. Suicide is an option.

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hey there, how are you doing today? I'm sorry you've had no responses as yet, I have only just saw this thread or I would have responded earlier. That debate has been going on for a long while, whether we personally should have the choice to live or die. I can understand your point of view, especially seeing as you have physical issues as well as depression, it must get really tiring and you feel like throwing in the towel. I'm glad you're seeking outside support, technology is advancing all the time, please don't lose that hope. You're still here today and haven't given in, something must be stopping you, whatever it is, hang onto it and don't give in. Take care of yourself. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.