It's Not All Black And White

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shermana55, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shermana55

shermana55 Active Member

I feel like people who don't suffer from depression thinks finding your way out of sadness is just black and white. They think the answer is simply "be happy." But if they could see things through my eyes, or be trapped in my mind for even a minute, they would understand that climbing out of depression isn't an overnight thing. You won't wake up one morning with a revelation. There's no instruction sheet for happiness. And after years of playing around with medicines, I don't even think there's a medicine, it merely masks the pain. It never cures the pain. The pain will always be there. My depression will always be here. It's a question of how long I want to bear it.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi. Its true. Way too many people do not understand. They think people can just snap out of it. Or my favorite, just find god and be healed. No. It is not that simple. It isnt that black or white.

I think I do not totally agree with one thing you said. I am not sure that people's depression will always be there. I hope that there will be some new discoveries and treatments that will help. I have to believe that. But right now, for way too many, these treatments do not exist. Or are not available to the general public. I am not sure I could hold on if I didnt have this community. It helps me a lot. I am still in a bad way. But I am able to survive because of the community here. I think its because I am not alone. Other people here feel similarly to me. Most people here are not going to think people can snap out of it. So here is where I am not alone.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i hear you i do and if everyone could just snap out of it t here would be no need for medicine for therapist or doctors of mental health
    They say depression can be beat and some people have done that with therapy andmeds taken together it is best way to fight it. Your meds are not working i hope youi can talk to your doctor and try newer meds out there some people are lucky they have found right combination of meds to keep the depression away. Some of us are not so lucky but we cannot give up hope as said there are new meds coming up each day. Just like people who suffer from diabetes we to just need to find a medicaine to keep our illness under control there is hope ok

I am glad you are here because we certainly do understand and i hope being able to talk about how youare feeling will help you know you are not alone in the fight hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.