It's not easy...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, Oct 3, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

It's not easy to post in the suicide part of this forum...
    Although this place is called 'Suicide Forum'; how are we supposed to help all the time without being triggered ourselves?
    We all want to die.
    We are already questioning why we're living and I can't be there to help other people in that area unless I'm stable enough to actually say something positive to help.
    So, I stay in the other parts of the forum.
    I click on polls, I post in not-serious threads and try to stay distracted by things that do not remind me of suicide.

I'm sorry if you think that means I don't belong here.
    I'm sorry if it frustrates you; but not everyone is as strong as you are to help people ...

Also; I can post something stupid in one thread and STILL manage to message someone about 'staying strong'. Just because we're not talking about it openly, doesn't mean we're no trying to help in our own way and it doesn't mean we're ignoring the issue of someone who is trying to attempt right at this very moment.
    If you think no one but you is noticing, you're wrong.

And sometimes, there's nothing anyone can say...
    A person sometimes has to go away and cool off awhile before they'll be okay, so even forcing your words on them will not be helpful as immediate relief.

I'm really sorry.
    I wish I could help but it's hard when I would rather just sleep and not wake up. It really takes away any sympathy I would normally have for another person- for any person who is in the very same situation as me.
    So, I'm sorry... and I'll leave if that would be better.

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Totally understand how you feel. :hug: Some days it's easy to go into the serious sections and other days it's harder to handle, there's nothing wrong with that.
    No one should be judged for wanting a distraction from time to time on a forum with such serious subjects.

3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I totally relate and feel so much the same way. You have to look after yourself first and foremost. Try not to feel guilty for not being able to support others through replies. If it triggers you, it's best to stay away from it. I do the same. There's nothing to feel bad about in that. :hug:

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I had something long written, but I don't wanna upset anyone....ill just say I've felt quite guilty about the couple times I posted a thread in there. In hindsight, I should have walked away and collected myself.

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Of coarse you belong here, as in you deserve support just like everyone else. Your posts is full of energy. :) BTW... Go buy a bottle of Febreeze for your smell problems ;)

I rarely post on the Depression and the Suicide forum at all. I do sometime go to the chat and try to help people in the Triggering room. Although i try my best, it just makes me feel like a hypocrite because i tell them not to do the things i know damn well i want to do myself.

That's why i get really offended when people threaten to off themself because they don't get the support they need. There are so many ways to get support on SF. Tons of forums subcategories, chat, buddy chat, pm support, people with the Chat buddy title under their name whom you can always send a private message.

6. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Member

Well I`m new here so I will try to be careful with what I post here as to upset as few people as possible...

To be honest I don`t think any of you should worry about not being enough help. Some of you have thousands of posts and as boo said, there are many ways to help.

As for me, I sometimes find that helping others in some way, even how small is what keeps me going for another day. It gives me purpose for the time being and I see it as a win/win situation for all parties involved.

Long story short: Focus on the good you do, remember, even though it might not seem like you are helping anyone in a great way, every little piece is added.

Well that was rather crappy writing. XD Hoping to improve in future posts.

7. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

i agree. thats why im always on the random and distracting parts..
    sometimes i read lots of posts everywhere...but i dont have
    anything i can say. i feel guilty for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
  8. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

I tend to post my feelings to my blog. Some of it is not pretty.
    You are right in that it's hard to post your feelings because it hurts a lot

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
  9. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

That's how it works for me as well. It all depends on how I'm feeling at the time.
    If I'm particularly down at the time, then I usually find it best to avoid anything that might start to trigger thoughts.
    There's also that pressure of 'what if I say the wrong thing, or they take it the wrong way and I make things worse?' part that I worry about a lot.

KittyGirl, please don't think that you don't belong here. :(
    Sometimes we just need to take care of ourselves before we can handle other people's problems too.
    And there's no contract or agreement when signing up to this forum that says you must constantly helping everyone with all of their problems (unless I skipped over it o_O).