It's not important

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Pipeline, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Pipeline

Pipeline Member

My problems don't matter, because there are people who have worse and 'real' problems.

I'm ashamed I get affected so easily. I feel like this shouldn't have happened. I find it so hard to tell my problems to anyone.

Because my affairs of the heart is nothing compared to everyone's problems.

And I'm weak to get so affected by it.

It's so stupid of me, I feel like I'm over dramatizing this whole situation.

Getting depressed from this is such a joke. Relapsing is such a joke. I'm such a joke.

2. Shagarath

Shagarath Active Member

the easiest way to make something worse than it is, is by telling your self (or being told) that you're not allowed to feel that way.

smackh2o and Thauoy like this.
  3. Dikta

Dikta Autistic.

Your problems does matter, it matters to you.
    And yes, some people might have worse problems, but that doesn't mean yours aren't important or anything.
    You are not a joke, and the way it affects you isn't either.

Just write down what is troubling you, since you might feel better to talk it through.

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Yes they do matter.

5. Pipeline

Pipeline Member

I don't wanna relapse, I'm so close right now.

6. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Your problems DO matter. Don't compare yourself to others, and try to accept your feelings.
    Take care and treat yourself kindly. Do you have any professional help at the moment?

7. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

Everyone on this forum has different kinds of problem and difficulty in life. The suffering of one person may not be similar with another person but it may be just as hard. Your problems do matter. Please be kind to yourself and take care.

8. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Hi Pipeline,
    Like others have written, your problems are as important as others. If something hurts you, it doesn't matter in comparison to anyone else. I've been in a situation where I've been told I'm too sensitive, I overreact and I am insecure, when the person yelling those accusations at me is the cause of my pain. If I try to tell the person this, I'm accused and judged even more. It's a tough pill to swallow and it makes a person feel utterly alone and betrayed. I'm sorry you feel so bad, but please do open up because it does help. If anyone makes you feel like their problems are more important than yours, they are wrong.

9. Pipeline

Pipeline Member

And right now I'm having high fever, a terrible headache, flu, cough and I'm aching all over.

I need a release.

10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry that you're under the weather. It sucks being sick on top of this. What does relapsing mean to you?