It's not my first choice

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by RemeP, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RemeP

RemeP Member

but it seems like one of the easiest. My marriage is basically over, and I'm an illegal alien in this country. I can't decide if I want to hop back across the border and disappear, starting over with nothing and no work experience, stay here and ride out the legal process, or just quit life. Whatever I choose I will never get to see my son grow up. fml

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are wrong hun you will see your son again you will and he will come looking for you ok He will be of age w hen he ask for you and you will tell him what happened You do what it takes to stay and keep your job and get legal status ok but don't give up ok

3. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

How come you won't be able to see your son grow up? Both parents have rights and getting legal status in the country will help you a lot in the future and eliminate any worries. Please don't give up - you have something to fight for.

4. RemeP

RemeP Member

I'll never be able to get legal status here. I haven't worked in 4 years, I've just been a stay at home dad. I used to have a temporary resident permit but it expired and my application for extension was denied. I just stayed.

5. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

Well, I can't really advise you on the legal side of things...but you admit that quitting life isn't your first option so there must be things that make you want to stay and fight, yes? You are unable to work in the country you are in now because of a denied permit? Is going back to your country of birth an option? Maybe get a job and help provide for your son. Even if he can't live with you, you can still be involved in his life. There's still hope.

6. RemeP

RemeP Member

Once I go back, I'll never be re-allowed entry to this country. So once I leave, I'd likely never see him unless my wife brought him, and that would never happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.