It's not the fact that nobody cares...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kunera, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

It's really not that, I've already come to accept that a long time ago, and I've been okay with that, as it's human nature not to care unless something will benefit you in some way. I've done it, you've done it, everyone has done it. That doesn't mean that you don't regret it, but it happens.

That doesn't change anything, however. I feel like I'm always in a state of impending doom, like I'm set up for failure. I'm 18 years old, I'm useless, I have a few friends, but I doubt I really mean much to them, I'm close to graduating from High School, but at the same time, I just don't care. Why should I bother living if I'm just going to be alone?

Okay, scratch that, I've realized that nobody cares, but I've yet to accept it, and it actually DOES bother me. I'll never find a girl that wants anything to do with me, and if by some miracle there IS one, they won't notice me, as I'm always that quiet person that goes unnoticed.

I'm just that pathetic waste of space that nobody cares enough to say anything about, but in their minds, they all just hope I'll go away.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...just posting to say I care and I do not think you are a waste of anything...look forward to seeing you around...big hugs, J
  3. bono

bono Well-Known Member

People are 100% self-absorbed there only. Meaning they only care about themselves. This extends to all relationships, which sole purpose is to make your-self feel better. (ie) People who do volunteer worker claim that its because they want to make they world a better place, because its work that needs to be done and there very selfless. But its actually because it makes the feel better about themselves, or alteast not feel guilty about doing nothing.

Half the battle to get a girlfriend is smiling. Just remember she won't care about you, but she will care about the way you make her feel about herself.
  4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I felt the same way when I was about to graduate from high school. I was only going through the motions. The next stop was college, yet another 4 to 6 years of going through the motions. I think that is a problem that I have most days. I just go through the motions.

The crappy thing about life is that you have to make the changes yourself. Trust me I can 100% relate to the being invisible to females thing. However, after I met someone and got my libido going. It is something I want to change. So I am going to try to take small steps to do so. You can believe that there are forums out there dedicated to helping guys get dates. Why not go look at one of those? You can find a guy who would be more than willing to coach you. You just have to be willing to make the change. Some can be a little harsh, but most know what they are talking about.

Trust me my stomach turns at the changes I have to make to myself. The changes go against everything I once said and stood for. However, if it means being happier then I can deal with it. I have been lucky on my going with the flow thus far. However, I am tired of leaving my happiness in the hands of chance. There is an old saying "People create their own luck". I want to start directing my own fate. Even though it will be difficult at first.
  5. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

Very well said! I 100% agree with you. :hug:
  6. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I can understand how you feel, I felt much the same way when I was your age, but it was only until after school that my life actually started. I was never noticed by girls at school, I felt worthless, and wrongfully thought that nobody cared. Why? Because I was only a kid, and I wasn't treated fairly (i.e as an adult) by anyone I knew. That's because I wasn't an adult yet.

Wait til you graduate, move out, get a job, and start actually living. Things will change. You will get a girl, meet smart and interesting people, and your life will be much better than it is now. Trust me.

I'm not trying to belittle you here, or offend you, I am trying to tell you that what you are going through is normal, and common. You aren't a depressed weirdo, and you certainly aren't hopeless. You're just growing up.

Even so, that doesn't mean your feelings aren't valid, and I hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.