it's ok to disappear

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I tell you, I'm fed up with this struggle. I feel down and out, but I don't want to kill myself.

Call me a coward, but I am still afraid of Death. I'm just thinking of eventually selling my place and moving to a shack in a forest or in a grotto by the sea. I just want a big change.

For a long time, I've avoided society's stupid game of hard work earns rewards. Then, in 2004, I decided to play it by going back to school.

Let me tell you. The more you want a rewarding career, the more they punish you. They call it sacrifice, but I call it sadism. In the USA, how can anyone improve their lot in life when they're forced to pay for retraining, education, etc. How can anybody keep a home when there's property taxes. How can anybody maintain health when they're financially punished for being sick. And how can anyone work a regular job when the greedy fuck owners and CEOs are stealing all the money.

The powerful are begging to be assassinated. I hope they die in a bloodbath.

2. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I have many of the same thoughts.

I'm finishing an undergrad degree right now. All that's left are four finals, which I should be able take on mere intertia. I'm supposed to go to grad school next year. I keep wandering what the point is. I'll have to pay a lot of money, even if I get a scholarship. I'll end up with a lot of debt.
    The stuff they will teach me looks useless to the point of ridicule to me.
    And, supposing I finish the degree, where do I end up? I will have limited myself. Because a degree inevitably is specialized, I will have little choice when it comes to getting a job. I'll end up parked behind a desk somewhere, killing the days away, until the stress does me in. I've read Raymond Chandler ended up in such a situation. He got to some important position somewhere, grew disillusioned, and began to carry a bottle of whisky to work until he got fired.

Which brings me to your other point. Going away. The thought keeps festering in my head. I fantacize about going away daily. Just go somewhere and see what happens. What difference does it make. A change might at least be positive.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Has anyone bailed? Is anyone thinking of it?

3. Nox

Nox Member

Youre actually right,living in a cottage in the forest would be kinda nice-as long as you had good survival training.

no damn taxes,no advertising mails or calls,no system of society you have to conform to...just you and nature...

i wonder if they got communes like this anywhere...so you wouldnt get lonely

4. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

I think we should make a forum where we discuss how to survive away from society, so that we are more ready to make this transition.

5. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

That sounds blissful. To be away from bullshit. I agree. I mean, at the moment I am in a horrible situation and I am horribly secluded. But, despite this, I can get out once I turn of age. After im out I know I will be happier, but... society makes me more depressed than anything else. The way its prepared and concocted to bring you down.

I agree. That would be useful.

6. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of going to live in a Tipi village in the hills of Wales,just to get away from it all for awhile,i think it'll be good for my health on many levels.

7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Good for all of you! Let's start the leave society forum.

8. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

come to canada, theres lots of places to just live in the wilderness... nova scotia.. this is where i live

9. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Yes, it sounds great. Until you need some antibiotics. And those are all manufactured by faceless corporations, in big chemical plants, by people who stuck it out and got their damn graduate degrees.

10. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I don't want to go off topic, but... I've a friend that's in pharmacy, and all he tells me is horror stories. Apparently pharmacy is a big sham. Half of it is marketing. And by half I mean 90%. The hypocritical oath is an oath of hypocrisy (I don't think the pharmacy guys even swear it). The people in pharmacy are venal to extremes.

One more plus to dumping society, I guess.

11. UnwaveringPain

UnwaveringPain New Member

I have found medication to hel with nothing, only hurt. Your body can grow dependant on them, making you need it more, just like an addiction. I was luckily to reject drugs as a kid, and I have not been sick (except depression, before and now) for years. Stay away from meds, let your body take over.

12. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

It's one thing to be sad and commit suicide, and another to be enjoying yourself and die of illness.

13. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

My husband is an expert at that. He could survive forever with nothing but flint and tinder :)

14. what_now

what_now New Member

the problem is that they can still get you. my dad co-signed all my student loans. he'd get stuck paying them. my roommates would have to pay my part of the rent until the lease was up. i wish i could disappear more than anything, but i'd leave behind more trouble for other people.

you can't even declare bankruptcy to get out of student loans anymore. and i have $150,000 of them. leave if you can.

15. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

well tell them to leave too.

16. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

Removing yourself from the life punishment of taxes would be a great relief.
    I dont think I could find a very big fault with living that way...
    Not something that would be negative enough to outwiegh the postive effects of living in a little hut.
    As long is are not too alone. Unless that brings you bliss?:tongue:

17. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

ya it would be cool in many ways to dissapear... but not at the same time, its awful when you have bad things happening if you die leaving debts behind and all thats awful isnt it...

18. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

I'm in the same boat as you. In fact, I think of running away and living that kind of lifestyle everyday. It won't be long before I go through with my plans. I have nothing to lose and just want to travel to a few more places before I make my exodus from this fucked-up civilization of ours. By 2010, I will be long gone.

As for being a part of the rat race, it's just not worth it. The stress, the hassle... all for what? It's just not worth it. Luckily for me, I am debt-free and have absolutely nothing to lose.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.