It's over

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Enso, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enso

Enso Member

I just can't stand anything any more.

I don't have the energy or the desire to fix anything anymore.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi enso and welcome to SF. I am sorry you are suffering but glad you joined here to talk, what is going on for you?

3. Enso

Enso Member

1/2 bottle of wine later
    and imminent death has regressed to the usual insidious irritant.

4. Petal

Alcohol and depression are not a very good combination. It could and does make people a lot worse, loosens your inhibitions.

What has brought you to this point?

5. Enso

Enso Member

Wow. OK
    Never mind.

6. Petal

I should have explained more. When I was younger (17-18-19) I drank a lot because it made me feel better, soothed the suicidal thoughts, made me calmer, I drank every day, wine, cider vodka. It made me worse and I had no choice literally but to give it up because I was housebound and could not access it anymore. When I stopped drinking, I was thinking clearer, I got psychiatric help which I needed badly, I was very bad with suicidal thoughts and anxiety for a while but things did get better. Drinking doesn't solve anything, except short term problems. I'd advise you not to hit the bottle and seek help from your doctor. Sorry if my earlier reply was not what you wanted to hear, I just think if I could quit it so can you and then you will be on your road to recovery, keep talking to us, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.