its over

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by *dilligaf*, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

hes gone.
    its been two weeks and i REALLY didnt think i could cope.
    he left this morning.
    i feel so calm.
    i feel like i can do anything right now
    (except speak...sorry for lack of words)
    i went away from friday to monday..and that helped a lot.
    but even so, i did it.
    I ACTUALLY DID IT.
    now might be the time to start dealing with this? its a scary thought, but maybe with some help it might be time??

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Well done you, you did terrifically.

Make sure you give yourself a positive treat for succeeding so highly.

And with regards to getting help? Go for it!

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

im thinking about it hun.
    but getting help means admitting it
    talking about it
    im not sure i can do that just yet?

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You have already admitted it though honey, and maybe not spoken verbally about it, but you have talked about it via writing.

You wouldn't have to talk about it until you were ready, verbally or otherwise. There are different types of help, someone like a specific abuse counsellor might be better, but any one should understand that you need to take your time, be in contorl and take it at your own pace.

It won't be easy, but it will be so rewarding in the long run, and worth it. The longer you leave it to get help, the longer he is hurting you, and he does not deserve that. You deserve your life back.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

its been 12 years.
    i should be over this.
    its pathetic. IM pathetic.
    dont argue with that please
    im worried about my family knowing
    my nan is ill, i cant let her find out, not now.
    maybe if i could do it without letting the fmaily know
    but then, is that REALLY admitting it and dealing with it?

6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I'm not going to argue with your opinion of yourself, because it is that, your opinion. MY opinion is totally different, my opinion of you is that you are strong, you are a fighter, you are dealing with it as best you can. No one can expect to overcome soemthing so traumatic easily.

Maybe you could get therapy without her knowing, you could easily make up a lie for the sessions, but you could discuss your views on it with your therapist. You might find that once you start seeing someone you feel more power and control than you have before and that might change your mind about what you do.

Try not to look at it as a whole, look at it as baby steps and bite size amounts. Viewing it all will only scare you more, focussing on an achievable amount, should scare you less :hug:

7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

you're great

thank u :hug:

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

:hug:

9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ya done good girl :goodjob:

Have some peaceful time for a bit before tackling the whole thing (this has been stressful enough for you), then when you're ready we can discuss who and where to get the help. Remember Sam you are not alone, I've been where you are now so know all about the fear and doubts and I'll walk those baby steps with you all the way to giants strides. :hug:

10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

thank u hun

do u know how much it means to me to hear someone is there for me

always here for u too :hug:

11. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I don't know if it means anything to you, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of you! :arms: :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.