It's pointless but whatever

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sparrow91, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I don't think I am made to have friends. I don't think I'm the type of person that will have friends as I get older. Sure acquaintances etc. But not true friends, no best friends. I can't trust people like that anymore, I'm weird, I'm withdrawn, I'm hurt but I don't want to allow anyone into that because they won't help, they can't help.
    I feel like friends are just not meant for me...
    I'm not a bad person I'm just not meant for it
    Maybe it's my moods, or my trust issues

Am I the only one that thinks friends are just not for some people

This was pointless but I'm posting it anyway cause I'm losing my mind and I don't want to harm.. Ugh
  2. milo001

milo001 Active Member

I agree. I used to have a few "friends" but now I don't have anyone. I am a loner.
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

No,It is not pointless, of course, that is my opinion. Also you are not the only one to think friends are just not for some people. I think that and have felt that way for some time. hmm? I as well don't want to let anyone in, but not because they won't help or they can't help. I don't want their Help!
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

are you satisfied without friends? if the answer is yes then good for you. Some people are loners while rest of human beings are social creatures and crave some degree of interaction naturally.
  5. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

"Drowned Fish On Fire" brought up an interesting point, that there are some people who feel satisfied without friends. Maybe Sparrow is that kind of person. But in my case, I need social interaction. I've always thought that every human being needs some sort of socialization. So I wonder if there are people who are genuine hermits?
  6. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your responses. Drownedfishonfire did bring up a good point. I don't really like social things like big parties or clubbing every weekend etc., I'm not social I read and draw, I do things alone and I can be content with that. But sometimes I wish I had a good friend. Maybe it's the humanness of it, it's nature idk but sometimes I wish I had a best friend to talk to to share things with.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You certainly are not alone in these feelings, I was actually talking about this subject the other day with my sister, I can only be friends with people I don't have to see every single day, what I mean is if I get an anxiety attack or whatever they will just understand and not let it get in the way of us being friends. I stayed at a friends house about 2 weeks ago and that's the last time we spoke yet she is my best friend, the one I can trust and confide in, and another one who gave birth to a very ill baby who died 30 mins after birth earlier this year we keep our distance but in the mind and heart we're good close friends can tell her anything and not worry we talk on the phone often and even better she's 7 months pregnant, hope all goes well for her this time.

I have a point here...I think choosing them carefully would be your best options. You don't have to go to parties, nightclubs to be social, I don't drink at all and still manage to be social!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.