It's Really Hard Not to Self Harm

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Moses, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've cut myself and recently, I've been missing it. I don't know why, but when i was cutting myself, i was extremely relaxed. Once i saw the wound open up and the blood pour out, i was really mellow. I'm trying to quit self harming because to me, that says I'm really messed up. I feel like I can beat my depression through will power, but it's extraordinarily difficult when you desire hurting yourself. Just the fact that I actually WANT to hurt myself makes me feel even more crazy.

I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and start cutting again? What harm can it do? I'm already fucked in the head

2. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

What it will do is just create more problems. It's not going to help you with depression, or anything at all.

Whenever I had an urge to cut, I would listen to music, especially songs that reflected my feelings. It really helps to take your mind off of things. What I did with by best friend was I drew on his arms so he couldn't cut there.

There's no harm in not cutting, but there is harm in cutting again.

P.S., you can't beat depression with will power alone. I thought I could too, and it just doesn't work, it only gets worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.