it's so hard..

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by just unappreciated, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sorry I'm not good enough. I try so hard...I suffer constantly to help others and to make THEIR lives better, but it is just not good enough. Whatever I do is NOT good enough. I am so unappreciated, but I try so hard. It's not easy for me. These things that I am doing, I harder for me to do than they would be for someone that is not suffering from major depression. It's like swimming a mile through mud instead of water. And when i finally reach the end, there is no one there to say "thank you" or "I appreciate you." I AM ALONE. SHUT OUT. If only you had an idea, AN INKLING, of what I go through, and what I've been through, and how hard it is for me....maybe then you would leave me alone. Even be kind a little. Not taunt me. Right now I am trying so damn hard....

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: :hug: :hug:

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I'm here if you wanna talk :hug:

4. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

BIG :hug:

5. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Hey

I know what you mean. It is rather demoralising when no-one seems to be thankful for your help.

Just remember that the person does appreciate you, even if somehow they are unable to say that to you. You do a lot for them, you help them where others would not be able to offer support. A big well done for that, you should be proud that you are able to offer support even through tough times for yourself.

:hug:

6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Try and take care of yourself.:hug: You are not responsible for others' lives, especially, if you say, you're in a major depressive episode at the moment, their lives are not your responsibility. And if you don't feel you're being appreciated or if you don't feel you aren't getting what you need out of a situation - you are under no obligation to keep on trying to help people and make yourself suffer through helping people, especially if they are taunting you- that sounds very unhealthy and sounds like some kind of emotional self harm. You don't have to stick around in a situation that is painful. You are good enough but perhaps what you're expecting makes you feel worthless but that doesn't mean it's your fault- there are many reasons why someone wouldn't make you feel appreciated as they, themselves may be going through their own emotional journey themselves and you won't get what you need from them as they are emotionally not ready or going through their own personal hell and projecting things on to you, or just aren't responsive to you for many reasons. That doesn't mean you're worthless in any way.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.