It's such a difficult, painful process...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by HoneyBadger610, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoneyBadger610

HoneyBadger610 New Member

...first, to come to the decision that taking one's life is really the right - the only - thing to do. Then, to actually do it - take the massive overdose and wait to die. It was a very conscious, clear-headed decision, and had been in the planning process for months. Then - for some reason I'll never understand - reaching out for help. I have amazing people in my life who are gentle and kind and so supportive. Never judged me, just made sure I was going to be OK. I won't bore you with my story, only to say that it (taking my life) seemed like the only alternative. And it's not over yet. Nothing is resolved, no great insight has been gained, my life is still shattered (and getting worse every day). How do you find the strength to hold on when the future is so abysmally bleak?

2. Evanesce

Evanesce Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site... there are plenty of people here that feel very similar. It can be hard to hold on and I still struggle with it myself.. all I can say is reach out, keep asking questions and searching for hope. You are worth it, everyone is, no one should have to feel the kind of pain that makes someone want to take their life. I hope you continue reaching out here and talk to people. Seek the help of professionals and people around you that love you. No matter how much pain you think you may be experiencing you can do this. You can continue to live. Suicide is not a selfless act.. it hurts others, they won't understand why no matter how messed up a life looks to the person in pain. It's a choice yes but a choice that I hope you don't make.

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Suicide is a difficult choice but you need to speak to someone or a chatline. You have to deal with it in your manner. Over-thinking about the future does not help the situation. You need to focus on the positive aspect of your life and stay focused. For me the simplest things in life keeps me focused and stops me doing self-harm. You feel you are alone but be are not as you are among people here who have experienced the same feelings as you and manage to survive.

Trust me, just keep posting here and people will be understanding you. Take care of yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.