I've been making progress, but...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by David S~, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David S~

David S~ Well-Known Member

I'm too upset right now to find my old thread which had all of my reoccuring problems, ever since that thread you wonderful people have helped me making progress, but real life problems became so bad that I felt like I'm back at square 1.

If some of you guys don't know what I'm talking about refer to my old thread and you'll see
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi David i am glad you are making progress sometime though a step back happens but you are still further ahead then you were hun you just don't feel it though Good that you come back here h un for support h ugs
  3. David S~

That's completely true i have had a few setbacks, rubbed them off, but recently I just got so sick and tired of them...I started thinking what's the point of making progress it's not like I'll get fully better, because I won't! These problems are getting worse and worse and I won't deny that. Not only am I at square 1, but it's getting worse with my dad constantly yelling at me

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

The main point of my life was to be caring about others and become successful at the same time but now that people have become careless jerk-offs, it has started to rub off on me and now I get mad too easily...sometimes I just cry for a long time when I think about it, and tell myself "what have I become?". I want to be nice again and caring about others, what should I do? Ignoring them wont work because eventually I'll start thinking about that insult they said and just become abnormally upset like the usual bipolar weirdo I am (I'm actually not sure if I'm bipolar or not, I'm starting to consider I am bipolar).
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I suggest to try writing down specific situations that make you react badly, and then write down how you should react to it instead. For example:

Situation: My dad yelled at me and I got so mad that I yelled back and said something mean and hurtful to him.
    My feelings: I felt angry and upset...then guilty for what I said.
    What I should have done: I should have asked him not to yell at me, and calmly explained how what he's doing is hurting me and why.

That way, next time something happens to trigger you, you can recall what you wrote down and try to stop for a moment and just gather your thoughts instead of reacting right away. Sometimes it helps to not say anything at first and just find a room where you can be by yourself for a few moments to calm down, and then once you've done that, come back and calmly talk to the person about what happened.
  5. David S~

In my case, that will not work since I've tried that numerous times and all he did was say something (and similar to) like this: "What kind of shit talk is this?" and he proceeds to convince me how I'm a useless child...
  6. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Well, if he doesn't understand that he's hurting you regardless of what you say, it's probably best to try to avoid talking to him. I have to do this with some family members too.
  7. David S~

Allright but I'm mostly concerned about how I am suddenly becoming more angry more easily, I used to be a guy who used to care for others as well as me, but now I am starting to hate people the instant they do something i don't like, how can I fix this?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.