Ive been overwhelmed

Jsinjin

SF Supporter
It shouldnt be this way but inget so.overwhelmed i cant handle thjngs. Work is good. For one of my jobs. This sounds like it shoukd be so easy. I have a good job and its hard and very challenging. Years ago i started a medical company and then left it. Over 10 years ago i left with a clear break. The company fell apart snd it was bought by a private equity group. They have gradually pulled me back in and its as though they cant even breathe without me. Every clinical project, every science decision, every intellectual property questuin waits for me. I have a full time job and im on calls half of every day answeing "just one more question".

I find myself wondering what would they do if i just disappeared or took my own life. At one point rhey had a major deadline and wanted my input and i skipped answeting the wuestion and they literally hired lawyers to file a continuance with the patent office just to wait for my opinion.

Im so tired and keep trying to be polite. Im at a point that im so overwhelmed that i dont want to be around anymore and i know hiw that sends me into spirals.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
It shouldnt be this way but inget so.overwhelmed i cant handle thjngs. Work is good. For one of my jobs. This sounds like it shoukd be so easy. I have a good job and its hard and very challenging. Years ago i started a medical company and then left it. Over 10 years ago i left with a clear break. The company fell apart snd it was bought by a private equity group. They have gradually pulled me back in and its as though they cant even breathe without me. Every clinical project, every science decision, every intellectual property questuin waits for me. I have a full time job and im on calls half of every day answeing "just one more question".

I find myself wondering what would they do if i just disappeared or took my own life. At one point rhey had a major deadline and wanted my input and i skipped answeting the wuestion and they literally hired lawyers to file a continuance with the patent office just to wait for my opinion.

Im so tired and keep trying to be polite. Im at a point that im so overwhelmed that i dont want to be around anymore and i know hiw that sends me into spirals.
is it possible to delegate responsibility to other people and tell them only contact you in a real emergency. being the one that does everything can wear a person down fast. i hope you feel better soon.

mike...*hug*shake

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I understand why they would want your input, but they need to be able to carry business without your help. They seem like a child dependent on their parent. Maybe you can have a talk with them and explain they can't depend on you all the time. And you could explain how they are making you feel. I hope you get time to relax. If you find yourself overwhelmed again, please talk to us or a loved one.

Jsinjin

SF Supporter
They just wont stop. Clinical study inputs, submission after submission. I dont work for them! I have a full time job with a boss and deliverables. I keep thinkiing i have these blocks of time to get my work done and there is this continuous begging and pleading for any time "can you just give us the times you have available and we will make ourselves available; we will take any time you can give us" except i work about 50 rrgulsr hours a week in a normal job in a different field.

Sorry that this is happening.

Would you be able to tell them something like, "Stop contacting me, or I'll have to get a restraining order"?

A_J_R

There's nothing like being spread thin by "obligations" that shouldn't even be obligations. I'm sorry. I am spread thing myself these days, but that's my own doing. This sounds like it's been mostly out of your control! Even worse. Hope it clears up soon.

One thing I found that helps is consuming lots of coffee with refined sugar added.

It's a stopgap measure, but it works for me, and surprisingly well.
(gets me through another night)

I used to think my Brother was a fool to drink so much coffee all the time
but I recently commended him on finding a coping mechanism that works
for him. (he works 6 days a week, string many tennis rackets every day)

Last edited:

IF you're that valuable to them, maybe they'd be willing to hire a personal assistant
who could help you handle the work load.

And, a Tyrosine supplement might help too.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tyrosine
" Tyrosine is a popular dietary supplement used to improve alertness, attention and focus. "

Also, one of the only foods I've found that does me good is chicken thighs. (sans skin/oil)

It's a bit radical, but try eating nothing but that for a few days, with plenty of coffee with
refined sugar, and see if you start feeling better. (may be treating a dopamine deficiency)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00