I've been replaced.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by jenniferelaine, Apr 25, 2010.

1. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

..or I'm in the process of being replaced.

Boy thinks he found someone else.

I'm not upset that he told me. I'm actually kind of glad that he did, and I didn't find out through others.

Before he told me, I was really, really angry at him. Angry at him for, as he admits, treating me like crap. Asking him, and myself, why I deserved to be treated like that. And if I didn't deserve it, then why did he do it?

Right now, I don't know how I feel. I'm still angry..sad...yet happy for him, and glad he told me.

Of course, this comes on the tail of a guy standing me up.
  2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I am right there with you. When I was replaced by my last female friend I was very sad and angry. Not that I really deserve to be angry, but still I am. Anger is part of the healing process... or so I want to believe. I know that when I let my anger out I felt a lot better.
  3. epitome

epitome New Member

Yeah dating sucks. But what can you do? We all go through the same thing.

As far as your bf treating you like crap, it probably has more to do with his immaturity, lack of communication, and insecurities than you deserving any of it. Trust me, I know. I used to be that asshole boyfriend.

One day, he'll take his head out of his ass.

You just have to move on, meet other people. You'll meet some real assholes, but then you'll meet the one guy that's perfect for you and treats you the way you deserve to be treated....and it'll be all good.

Just gotta stay positive! :)
  4. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

Sad for what you went through.

About this, however:
    I'd still prefer that he told you it wasn't working out before working on getting a replacement.
    Stringing someone along while fishing for other options is disgusting.
  5. jenniferelaine

That part wasn't stringing along. It was over. It was my swinging emotions...hate one day, wanting support another..

I'm glad he told me he's moving on so I'm not surprised with it.
  6. A.SoNiC.boY

A.SoNiC.boY Well-Known Member

Being replaced isn't the best feeling in the world. I'm going thought it now, funny thing is i don't actually miss her being with her. at all. But stay strong, if like you said, he treated you like crap. your better off without him! :)
  7. jenniferelaine

Kind of what I'd say to him...(in a long rambling way):

....I went out last night. Does the idea of that turn your stomach like it turns mine? No worries, as I apparently lowered my standards even further on THAT one. I don't think I'm ready either, but what choice do I have? The thought of being "unfaithful" to you makes my stomach turn.

...yes, the idea of you with another girl makes me want to throw up. Violently.

...talking to other guys makes me feel wonderful, yet completely suspicious. I don't trust their motives at all. I don't trust compliments. It has been so long since I have had someone interested in me that I've forgotten what it feels like.

....it hurts me infinitely that you will tell me you will do something, and then not do it. I mean, I'm pretty sure you had things planned....so why can't you just be straightforward with me about it? Though, I suppose I should be used to it by now.

....it hurts me even more that we are now relying on the superficial. Talking about cars, or my knitting...or how much you hate your job. Constantly, about how much you hate your job.

...I'm fixating on her like I did your (other) Ex. Basically just wondering what on earth she has that I don't. This is the second time I've had to go through this....wondering why another girl is better than me. i want to ask a million questions, but I can't. I also tend to turn my anger on HER (because she will always be HER, even though I doubt she even knows of my existence). Yet I feel like I have to comport myself with dignity for HER sake.

...you know that time I e-mailed your ex, and asked her why she ended it with you, what the final straw was? It was me trying to figure out if the problems I was having with you were something chronic that couldn't be fixed, or if it was me.

...a lot of the time, I don't know that I believe you when you say you should have treated me better. Not that somewhere, deep down, I don't know that I know better....but I don't know if you believe yourself....or if you think you did your best.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010