I've brought a new depression on myself

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by theleastofthese, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

and tho it's my fault, I'm having a hard time dealing with it. I'm a recovering alcoholic and tho I've been sober now for ten days, after too many relapses and starting overs, this depression I feel is partly the result, I am told, of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. My substance abuse counselor told me that PAWS happens after you've withdrawn from alcohol and that there are many effects from it. Problems with sleep, confusion, memory problems, coordination, emotions on a roller coaster ride, and so on. Depression has been a problem for me for years but this is adding insult to injury.:sad:

I'm jumpy and nervous and depressed and even tho I'm happy and relieved to be sober (again) I'm not dealing well with the emotional roller coaster ride. I have so many other things 'on my plate' and the depression gives me even more weight to carry. :sad:

I don't guess that I'm looking for answers, cause there really aren't any, but just venting over something that can only take time to get over. Keep me in your thoughts as I need all the positive energy I can muster, whether it's from myself or given me by friends.

Thanks.

2. Choma

Choma Member

Hi, just letting you know I've heard you and you'll be in my prayers :) or thoughts, depending on your beliefs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.