Ive brought this on myself

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by FaintOfHearts, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaintOfHearts

FaintOfHearts Active Member

5 years of hardwork at school and because ive let my stupid emotions and anxiety control me, 1 class is now the deciding factor as to whether I graduate at all. If I fail Im done. I wont be able to take the class over and I wont be able to come back to the school. Ive been given outs, assured that if I dropped out it wouldnt be the end of the world and id have support but thats not something I wanted. I wanted to prove that I could do it. And Ive failed. If I dont pass this class, 1 class, I dont see how Im going to make it in the world with a job or family. I dont have friends and Im only close to my mom. So when shes gone Ill be alone. I dont think I can handle that.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is just a class hun it does not make who you are. You need to get some tutoring in place to help you okay but if you do not pass then move on go to college perhaps take a trade it is not end of you if this does not work out hugs

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

It's always the last class or term or year that's the toughest before graduation for every one; because there's all of the anxiety over what's next! I should know, it only took me five years to complete the final three classes for my degree. Having said that, it was well worth it, & looking back on it, almost all of the difficulty was created in my own head. Unnecessary worries transforming into paralyzingly fears and dread and droppings out. It never should have been so hard. I guess that statistics even track how common it is for students to quit school with one course to go. My best friend did just that--3.6 gpa in engineering/science & he walked away & never came back! But what I'm trying to help you understand is that, every thing is going to be okay, & turn out fine for you, if you just take it one step at a time (instead of your entire future and the rest of your life need deciding now during this class) Just try not to put too much pressure on your self. Perhaps you can talk to the professor if there's an issue he/she/it can accommodate you with. It never hurts to ask, you could explain your situation and maybe they'd be more willing to help. Any way, keep your head up, think positively, and give your self a ton of credit for all that you've already achieved! You've run the marathon, now it's just time to cross the finish line! Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.