I've come back

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by querida, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. querida

querida Well-Known Member

Hi there everyone!

I am back here for the first time in many many years. I first joined this forum back in 2004 (I think that is right) and spent a few years on and off here while I battled with suicide and depression.

Well now years later after doing a lot of soul searching and personal development I have made it out the other side.

For some reason this forum popped into my head and so I thought I would come back.

The amazing support on here stopped me from taking my own life when I was at my lowest point ever and so I thought what better gift would there be for me to come back now my life is back on track and see if I can talk to some people who are going through what I went through and help them out.

So any questions about anything at all (or if you just wanna say hi) then feel free to message me and I will be happy to chat to you.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Welcome back.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

OH thanks for the good news and for some hope really the depression can be beaten

4. Ria0331

Ria0331 Member

Welcome back

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome back to the forums :hug:

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome back!!

7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Was nice to meet you in chat. Glad you remembered us and came back to say hello. Even more glad that things have improved for you so much :hug:

8. querida

Thanks guys :)

9. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

querida - I would love to hear more about how you reached "the other side." Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

10. querida

Sure I am happy to share with you all. :)

I had on and off depression for years (more on than off) and I self harmed and had constant suicidal thoughts (had a few failed attempts too). My boyfriend at the time tried very hard to be understanding but he just didn't get it and so we had a rocky relationship where we broke up a few times (making things a million times worse). We got back together and I knew that I HAD to keep ahold of him so I pretended that I was over the depression. Eventually I didn't have to pretend so hard and I started to feel a bit better, I didn't feel suicidal anymore and I had managed to stop cutting, although I did still think about doing it quite a lot. I told myself I was better, and I was better than I had been before, but very much not over it.

I became very interested in personal development, thinking that I could change myself into a better person and then I wouldn't feel crap anymore, but none of it worked, in fact a lot of it made me feel worse about myself because it made me feel like I was a complete freak as I knew what I was supposed to do and how I was supposed to feel and I still didn't feel it. I wondered what was wrong with me. I carried on in my fake happiness for quite a few years and most of time time I was okay (not amazing, but okay) but every now and again I would completely fall apart.

Then I discovered another course and I have to admit I was skeptical about it at first as I had done other courses and they were rubbish, but I went along to a seminar and liked the guy who ran it so I found myself signing up. I wasn't expecting to really get anything out of it, but went along.

And over the next week my life completely changed. Everything I was taught made complete sense. I can't write every single thing abut it on here right now as it will take way too long. Its probably easier to send a link to the website. <mod edit - commersial links > But feel free to ask my anything and I will do my best to help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Feel free to share things you remember if you think they might be helpful but we do not allow links or endorsements to commercial for profit websites or services. This is peer to peer support so advising to go to specific commercial places for help is not allowed.

12. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome back to the forum.

13. querida

Oh right, sorry about that, didn't know it wasn't allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.