I've come to terms

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by burnface, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burnface

burnface Member

Before I continue, here's a bit of info on what I'm talking about.

Over the summer, I met this girl that I knew of back in high school. I had a bit of a crush on her then, nothing too serious. One day, she worked up the courage to tell me she liked me and that she was interested in getting to know me. I was happy and excited that I'd have the chance to get to know this girl. Anyway, we started dating for a month when something happened (won't go into details) to her that would put us on hold for a bit. I told her that I was here, that I'd still support her, that I cared about her, and that nothing had changed - that I still felt the same way about her. She said she just needed time to heal and get better before we pursue a relationship, which of course is understandable. Before this all happened, we agreed to take it slow and build up our friendship. Fast forward to today (December 4, 2011.)

Weeks go by before we talk. As of right now I haven't seen her in almost 2 months. I know she's busy with work and other things. She's seemingly better, but I can't say for sure. I know she's going out, hanging out with other people, trying to have a good time. It seems like she's forgotten about me. It didn't really hit me up until recently how much what happened had affected her. Maybe I knew and just didn't want to face it. I don't know if she feels anything for me anymore. At one point she said she still did, and she heavily implied she was scared I would grow tired of waiting for her, to which I said that "I'm here, I'll wait no matter how long it takes."

I've explained the situation to a close friend of mine and what they said really nailed down what I felt. I was grieving the loss of her as in the person she was - how she was happy, always smiling, thinking about me, that sort of thing; I'm grieving the loss of me (the same things I said about her apply to me); and mostly I was grieving the loss of "us" as in what we would have been. I know I could have made her happy, treated her well, supported her in every way possible, given her everything she's wanted, needed, and deserved. I don't know where I stand with her anymore, but I've come to terms with it if what I fear came true - that I've lost her.

I hope maybe I'm just over-thinking things - worrying too much. Maybe in time she'll return. I don't know though.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You cannot put your life on hold for her hun IT seems she is moving forward getting out enjoying herself YOU need to also accept the fact that she really is not interested anymore if she was you would know. Time to get out there and meet new people okay time for you to let go of what was hun and find a new friendship

3. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

maybe she'll return, but if she doesn't, maybe it wasn't meant to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.