I've done the worst possible thing.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by twilight, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

I hurt someone that was my friend and now I don't think they want to be friends with me anymore. It's all my fault. I should die. I apologized but I did it too late. One of the worst things you can do to someone is ignore them and I don't even know why I did! :cry:

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You made a mistake, and hurt someone, everyone does at some point or another, why does that mean you should die?

Maybe a more proactive and positive thing to do would be to send an e-mail or letter to this person apologising, and explaining that you don't know why you did it, etc, and hope that she forgives you.

And try to learn from this because treating friends that way will leave you with not many friends and that's a lonely place to be.

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree. You made a mistake, we all do, so do the best you can to make amends and if the person will not forgive you, then learn from it and go on. If I were to die over making a mistake I would have died a long time ago. You committed no crime, you just made an error in judgement. The death penalty does not apply here. Relax a bit and forgive yourself first, then ask forgiveness. Give yourself a break.

least

4. twilight

Well, I already asked him to forgive me so I guess there is nothing else I can do... Do you think this is unforgivable? I saw him outside sitting at a table with someone and I didn't say hi to him or anything. I just walked by. I don't know why I did this. I think that he noticed that I saw him too.

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

People can take time to cool down. If you write an e-mail then he can read it and re-read it and maybe it will have more effect at a later date.

You can't expect to be forgiven straight away, it takes time. He will have been hurt, and he needs to deal with that before he can even come close to accepting an apology. But to be honest, fi you were really sorry, apologising once and getting rejected would not be satisfactory to you, if someone was really sorry they woudl keep apologising until the other person at least accepted they were sorry even if they were not yet ready to forgive.

I think that it depends on the person he is. I would probably not ever forgive it because it is rejection, but some people might. Other than that it's just plain rude. But you do need to try and figure out why you did it for your own sake.

6. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

normal reaction to a normal mistake. don't take this too far.

7. twilight

Do you think this could have something to do with my social anxiety disorder? Or am I just using that as an excuse to feel better for being a jerk? I felt like we could be friends and then I did that! Why!

8. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Friendship takes two people, if you keep ignoring people they will get tired of trying to connect with you. so dont make that same mistake in ignoring someone cuase you never know they could be the most important person to you.

just dont make the same mistake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.