I've got <edit>

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ieatlead, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ieatlead

Ieatlead New Member

So I tried on Thursday with <mod edit - methods> clearly not enough and I got walked in on by my flatmate who immediately called the waaaahmbulance. Spent the next day sleeping it off with a drip and was let home after being seen by psychologists.

Yesterday the psychologists came to see me (on a saturday) and once again they were confused by my antics. I have no major trauma that hasn't been dealt with long ago and they just couldn't come up with anything. They've booked me a hospital appointment that I've said I'll go to if I'm still about. Basically just waiting for the<mod edit - methods> to arrive in the post.

I have no depression to speak of, just feel I've analyzed life and it's more suffering than joy, both to myself and others.

So, what do you think? Any questions welcomed.

2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

You say you analysed life and it's more suffering, can I ask what is making you suffer? And have you perhaps thought some professional support could help ease that suffering?

3. scareddude

scareddude Well-Known Member

I thought this way a year ago about more suffering than good in my life, and still feel that way at times, and don't feel that way right now. I wouldn't say it's a statement of fact that there will be more suffering than good in your life, but then I don't know enough about your life to be sure. As Perfect Melancholy said, perhaps professional support could help. It could be depression which is making you feel this way. Sometimes I've been depressed and unable to see that I'm depressed. It just seemed like life and the world were crap and I'd discovered this truth.

Even if there is more suffering than good, it seems unintellectual to throw your life away and choose oblivion over all the learning opportunities that life offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.