I've just let everything go, I can't continue

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Hazel Morse, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel Morse

Hazel Morse Well-Known Member

My apologies for repeating the same idiot problem whenever I show up on this forum; my contract with my present job runs out in two weeks, and I haven't been able to psych myself up to look for a new one. My supervisor has really done a number on my (already extremely limited) self-esteem this year, and buried me with work.

Today I finally got up enough confidence to put in my resume to a couple of schools, and then I realised that I lacked an important document that I need to apply for teaching jobs back in Australia, and that it will take about 2 weeks to get!

This pretty much ends it, because:
    • My visa here in China ends 30th June - I don't know what will happen if they deport me or arrest me.
    • I can't go back to my abusive family in Australia, and I have no friends who will put me up.
    • I haven't arranged a moving company or bought a plane ticket back.
    • I'm running out of money.
    • Even my therapist is getting impatient with me, because I don't do my exercises and things.
    I just fantasize about burning all my teaching materials, dumping my clothes and furniture and jumping on the next plane to some exotic place where I can have a final fling.

Again, I'm sorry for even writing this here. But I have to get the words out of my head, because otherwise I'll lose it at work today. Sadistic Supervisor is doing the rounds and I don't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing me crying or worse.

2. Hazel Morse

Just found out it would cost $3000 to move my stuff back to Australia. I have $7000 in the world.

3. MyCatWillMissMe

MyCatWillMissMe Well-Known Member

Well 7k is a nice chunk of cash. If you have a working visa in a full time job you should be allowed to apply for permanent residence as an alien as long as the full time job is maintained.

4. Hazel Morse

No, this is in China (I'm an Australian citizen). And I've essentially quit my teaching job - I can't renew my contract at the end of the school year. Just sitting here waiting for more bad news...I've just lost so much money this year, on one stupid problem after the other.

5. MyCatWillMissMe

Well quitting your job won't help. Is there anyway you can keep doing it for now and maybe get a visa extension or something?

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

How are you feeling today @Hazel Morse I hope you are able to get the documents you need in time. Good luck with everything :)

7. Hazel Morse

I didn't quit, I wasn't allowed to renew my contract because my supervisor said that if I came back, she wouldn't renew her contract.

I just haven't looked for a new job because I'm convinced she's poisoned everyone against me.:(

8. Hazel Morse

I managed to cobble something together but I don't know if it's enough, thank you for your kind words.

9. MyCatWillMissMe

I know the feeling of everyone is poisoned against you. I wish I knew more about the visa and working details but I really do hope you come up with something. You are obviously a smart person to be teaching abroad like that so I believe in you :)

10. Hazel Morse

Thank you, I know it's a day late but it means a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.