I've lost my words.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by vroomvroom911, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vroomvroom911

vroomvroom911 Member

I've spent the last few years of my life trying to hide from my family and friends the fact that I'm depressed. I've done the reading, matched the symptoms, tried everything i could to help myself through it, and sometimes it works, but it always seems to come back worse than the last time. I've tried talking to a couple of family members, but every time i try the words dry up in my mouth or I become embarrassed and I can't talk about it, and sometimes even the thought of telling some one I know about it just makes me burst in to tears. I don't want to tell my parents, because i know them, and i know it won't help anything, but i don't know what else to do. I need help, i know that, but I'm too afraid to get it.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Don't be afraid Aeon....getting help is much better than putting up with the constant depression...
    talk to your doctor about how you're feeling.....be totally honest.
    if you can't talk directly to family maybe you could write them a letter..
    you could also talk to a crisis line and you have us.
    please get yourself some help..
    life doesn't have to be so sad for you.
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

can you see a doctor directly?

yeah, writing a letter sounds like it might be good
  4. Enigmatic Ed

Enigmatic Ed Well-Known Member

I know the world and his mother says talk about it. let it out blah blah blah. I saw a counselor who I took an immediate dislike to and it helped none. My advice (and its working for me) is positive reinforcement. Do something good no matter how small. pick up some litter, smile at someone (though not in a wierd way with blood on your face, it is fun but can cause trouble). email radio 1 telling them all the music they play is shit and their presenters are facile and inane, that usually cheers me up. or go the other way, its fun to pretend to steal from shops to fuck with security, go in all sweaty like (wear a couple of jumpers that helps) act proper dodgy looking at the cameras and stuff, ruffle through some products, shufty towards the door then leg it. suddenly life is worth living again.
  5. vroomvroom911

vroomvroom911 Member

Thank you all so much for the advice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.