Ive made such a mess of my degree

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Lord Hargreaves, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Im feeling pretty devastated and downbeat right now. I've just handed in my undergraduate dissertation (12,000 word essay) a day late and 2,000 words short. I needed to do really well it in to get enough credits to get into the MA program I desperately want to do. Now all will be lost with this performance.

There's no one I can talk to about how pathetic and lonely I feel because I have barely any friends and I hate being an emotional burden on anyone close enough to me who might try and comfort me. This all really sucks. I hope I can get some good sleep now and look at this from a fresh perspective tomorrow, but I don't know.....
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hey there :)

What was your essay about? Is 2,000 words really that much of a problem in the long run?
    You can talk to us about things, granted - while you might not know us in person, we can try and give you, perhaps a fresh perspective on things? :)

Take care :hug:
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

My final dissertation, was I thought,a disaster. After a whole year of trying to prove something I came to the awful discovery that I'd been barking up the wrong tree.
    I added that as my final conclusion, explaining where I thought it had gone wrong and what route I felt the research shoud take in the future.
    I didn't get as high a mark as I was hoping for but it certainly wasnt the unmitigated disaster I thought it was. Hopefully you will find it is nowhere as bad as you imagine. :smile: :hug:
  4. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

You made it farther than I did, I got my bachelor's and gave up because I have no passion about anything.