I've managed 40 years, that's not a bad attempt is it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cosmos Atom, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmos Atom

Cosmos Atom Member

40 years of struggle, hating the face I see in the mirror every day. I've managed over half of the marathon but it's all looking downhill from here on in and the finish line is in sight.

My body is falling apart, going grey, sagging and hurting - which will get worse. Family and pets will continue to die until I'm probably going to be the only one left. The planet is dying as we leech it for every resource going and things will get worse.

I've had some good times, some good memories but can't really say any of them were life changing. Joy has been all too fleeting whereas pain and depression has lasted for decades.

I can't see things improving but at least I tried. I stayed around for others, not for myself. They say suicide is selfish but maybe struggling on for so long has been the most selfless act I could do.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Cosmo...yes, we physically change over the years, but I feel I deserve each rinkle and each gray hair...I earned them...J

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Lots of people on this forum say things like "it will only get worse", etc. But does anyone really know what the future will hold?

MAYBE SOMETHING WONDERFUL AND SPECIAL WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!

I certainly hope so.

I think it is possible for somone to look at the exact same world that you see, and have a positive outlook because of their perspective.

Are you doing anything to treat the depression? Maybe something can help.

4. lapazyelamor

lapazyelamor Well-Known Member

hey i wish you all the best ... your not alone ...the sun will set for all of us and sometimes goodbye is the only way ....

peace and love

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.