I've Never Been in Love and Now I Never Will

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by justafool, Feb 13, 2009.

1. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

I've never come close to having a satisfying romantic relationship. Once in awhile I have experienced mild infatuation, but it was never reciprocated. The concept of romance is almost too distant for me to comprehend. It is an abstraction.

Anyone else in the same boat? (Probably not. I'm alone in the boat, too.) :huh:
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Oh I gave up even believing in the possibility of a relationship around 25 years ago. I think my boat's probably sunk :biggrin: But hey, life's very long and very strange, so who knows what will happen? I really don't know what the future will hold, all we can do is try to make tomorrow a better day.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
  3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

oh, maybe i'm the wrong person to answer- i am a hopeless romantic.

i believe that we find love many times throughout life, and each time, take away something more, and hopefully, give, something more, in return.

i don't want to ever close the door on love -

and i think attaining it, is a matter of having an open heart and open hands - as opposed to 'grasping' hands. .
    my 2 cents worth only - and as an '''antique''' of 45. ..
  4. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

yep I'm all alone to.
  5. justafool

Thanks to you all for chiming in. I had a wonderful dream last night where I did fall in love. So we always have our dreams.
  6. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

A good dream is a great start, good luck on the adventure! :smile:
  7. justafool

Thanks again for all your responses.

Even though there are many aspects of my life that make me miserable, the only time I really feel any envy for someone else is if they have a satisfying romantic relationship. Their good fortune in that area cuts me to the bone.
  8. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

we like to pretend we arent alone... but the truth is there.
  9. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

I don't want anything to do with relationships. I've tried having them in the past, but I usually get bored with them and decide I'd rather be single; I guess I just don't have much patience for significant others, nor am I especially fond of the emotional crap that comes with relationships, good or bad.
  10. justafool

You sound like a loner, which I am as well. But I wouldn't be a complete loner if I ever found someone truly totally compatible. Maybe it would be that way for you as well. :dry:
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Being alone doesn't really bother me that much. What really hurts is believing that things could be different.
  12. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

Well, actually, I had a relationship a couple of years ago that I thought would actually work out, but it turns out that we were way too much alike; neither of us could get past the feeling of wanting to die in order to actually enjoy the relationship. Now I'm just done with all of the silliness of relationships, and it doesn't bother me at all.
  13. lettinGo

lettinGo Well-Known Member

i think im prolly on your boat too =p and i think.. im a loner if im not with my closer friends. sometimes i feel like i dont wanna share my life with schoolmates.. my closer friends and i dont go to the same college.. we're practically apart but still close as hell.

so back relationships.. i gave up finding anyone from where im from.. and im a hopeless romantic too.. and prefer guys who are miless away from me :sad: and boy, that lead to sooo many heartaches and depression T.T but hey! u cant stop love =p
  14. justafool

I think there needs to be an online dating site for loners. I'm far from being a hopeless romantic, but I think two loners could be quite content together.

Of course, if those two people were both suicidally depressed, then there could be significant complications. :blink:

Maybe there could be a subforum here for people who want to establish long-distance romantic relationships.

Maybe it's already been tried and maybe it already failed.

Does anybody know?