I've Never Been Treated Like a Person

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my human relationships run in one direction. I give and they take. I comfort others but no one ever comforts me, even when I beg. I'd do anything for my comrades while they won't even give me they time of day if a little busy. I'm used as convenient and then discarded, only to be seized anew as the fancy strikes. I have no decision-making power over any aspect of my life. I doubt the thought that I might be a feeling being has once crossed anybody's mind; if so, they immediately dismissed it as absurd.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Hi N...I am sorry you have been treated this way...maybe there is someone in your life that you can tell what you need and see if s/he can provide it...that way you are getting more of what you want...I believe that being compassionate to one's self and others is our main mission...please PM me if I can remind you of that...there are good people and these ppl need to know how they can best be there for you...big hugs, J

I tend to think no good deed goes unpunished. Being compassionate and generous has never produced positive results for me. I volunteer 10-15 a week and share all of the little I have. In my experience, folks simply walk all over you when you let them. Acquiring the pleasant things in life requires aggression and callousness. I lack the requisite genetic endowments to successfully compete in social hierarchies.

Forgotten_Man

I hear you friend. My sister recently spoke with me, via email, she makes time for my mom and other sister. Yet with me she cannot find the time. My roommate only wanted time when I was in charge.

People are just selfish. I do not know... maybe next time someone needs you... but apathetic towards them?

You are a person.
An intelligent,feeling and worthwhile addition to the human race.

Those are the simple facts about you.
You matter.

You matter very much.
You mean a lot.
You mean more more than what people think they can get out of you.
You mean more than being a stepping stone in an attainment quest. :)

I do not know... maybe next time someone needs you... but apathetic towards them?
What would that accomplish? I lack any social positioning to use as leverage. I'm not valuable enough to gain anything from going on strike. I've already tried begging and pleading; I might as well be speaking to stones. Those of us without power and the proper genes simply have no options besides violence.

spiritxfade

I know how you feel- it's happened to me. And it wears on you until you feel like everything is crumbling.

I'm sorry you have to feel this way- it's not something I'd wish on anyone.

But you DO matter to someone. You are important to someone. And you definitely deserve to get back everything you put into a relationship.

you wake up and talk to people at 3 am.
you make sure you are always available in times of need.
you always put yourself before others
you always swallow your feelings when other makes mistakes.

but the moment you ask for one thing or make one mistake, suddenly people start to disappear one at a time. yeah, been there.

my ownly advice is to stop putting people on a pedestal. what makes you think that they are above you? most likely, they're at your level if not lower but they just know how to sell themselves. take it from a guy who's got shafted from many relationships, those are not the people you want in your life. if you think you're life is bad now, imagine being with the people who made you feel this way. they'll only make it worse. their loss buddy. You're a great find. make sure you give yourself to someone worthy and not to some loser who can't see past the shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00