I've Never Seen Him Like This

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by PoisonS, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoisonS

PoisonS Well-Known Member

My dad is mentally abusive. He would never hit me, but I was afraid he might last night. As a result of his mental abuse, I had been self harming for years until I finally managed to stop several months ago.

Things have been tense lately. Lat night he got drunk and came in my room, mad because my window was open. And he just started screaming at me. Horrible things, over something that I never even said, something my brother told him when they were drunk.

He started punching my door and finally left, slamming it.

I was so afraid. I wanted to get out of the house, but I was afraid to go out the doors because he might hear me and come after me. So I tried to climb out the window. I fell and got several bruises, one of them is on my upper arm and it looks horrible and hurts even more. I'm pretty sore too.

Then I had to climb back in the window because the doors were locked and I didn't want him knowing I had climbed out; I never know what's going to set him off.

I'm scared now. He hates me.

My mom and I have arranged for me to move in with her the first of next month, but I don't know what will happen until then.

2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

If you see he is going to open the bottle, can you go to neighbours, relative or friends (for example your moms or relatives friends) house?

3. PoisonS

The only relatives around here are my grandparents and they don't live close...my dad won't let me drive his truck.

I don't really know the neighbors.

4. dreaminghome

dreaminghome Well-Known Member

The 1st of next month isn't too far, hopefully you'll reach there safe. But you're never too safe. Start working on it, put together things you might need if you need to leave the house quickly, prepare an escape plan, keep things handy.
    Buy a pepper spray, and if you need it, use it.
    Keep a phone at hands reach. Spray first, phone later.
    If you can't have a pepper spray (i.e. it isn't available in your country, can't afford it, whatever...) use hair spray, spray deodorant, whatever is spray can be used like a pepper spray (but try to avoid things that can be potentially harmful, like spray paint, ok?). Remember what you use to defend yourself can be turned into an offence to yourself if your aggressor takes it, so be sure of what you do, try it without spraying, be ready.
    That's the main suggestions I can get to my mind, I've lived years like that, that's the first things I'd think about, hope they help at least a bit.

5. PoisonS

Thnaks, I'll make a plan.

6. PoisonS

This is getting ridiculous. Every time I hear him walking down the hall to my room, I start to panic. I can't stand the sound of his footsteps, and then when he opens my door he does it so aggressively.

Usually he'll come back and make some hurtful comment, or say something to make me feel guilty.

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Is there any way you can move to your mom's a few days sooner?

8. PoisonS

I'll be okay. Thank you for your concern.

9. BP#1

BP#1 Well-Known Member

Dam, l felt like you. Your description of his foot prints down the hallway outside your door. Get out. Leave. Stay at a girlfriends house; explain situation. If no, go to the police. Uttering a threat is an offense under the CCCode, oh, are you in Canada? Just get out. He's lining you up...... ~Joseph~

10. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

I think you should have your father join an AA Program and get sober because this is ridiculous you shouldn't be scared to live in your house

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.