I've returned for some words of comfort...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by riz, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riz

riz Senior Member

I took a small break from posting here because I was suspecting that talking about it so often was making me feel worse.

I was wrong.

When I was gone, I missed the kind things that everyone here would offer me. I've never met a group of people that understood me better than all of you do, and I'll never get the opportunity to thank you properly.

I've returned. Because I'm desperately sad. I'm feeling worse than ever, and I just keep turning to my blade for answers. Cutting is an icy comfort. It just keeps the feelings at bay for a short time. It's never a long term solution.

I have had trust issues with some friends in the past. I was able to tell Rob about my SI and he just couldn't cope with it all. We don't talk anymore.

Now there is John. I haven't had the heart to tell him about my cutting. I really want to, because part of me wants a tangible support system. (Not that you guys aren't completely amazing...just sometimes a hug does it.)

I've been too afraid to tell him because if I lose him the same way that I lost Rob, I could be gone sooner than even I suspected. I won't be able to handle that.

Do I seem too attached? Would I be causing him more pain if I were to tell him? If I choose to tell him, what would be the best way to go about it?

I would be glad if just one person would read through this. It means the world to me.

2. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

hey i am also a cutter and life without sf wud be indeed a unbearable one.i av been ere bout 4 months now a find it a great comfort.im not saying ive got any better but just to know theres people in the same possition as me is a weight off my mind,as i live in a dark world alone and have no one to share my secrets with,if u value ur friendships they should make every effert to understand wot u r going through.many people will pretend to understand but if they do not have these thourghts and urges it is hard for them to deal with feel free to pm me any time and im always on the chat if u wanna talk..take care .stay safe

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I understand you!
    I added you on MSN (I found your MSN in one of your old posts)
    If you wish, we can talk.
    And stay strong...:smile:

4. justgettinby

justgettinby Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised at how supportive friends can be. I know how you feel about having a person around that knows. Even if they aren't that comfortable talking about it, at least someone knows and cares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.