I've started binge eating.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by deferred dream, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

I always liked to snack, but ever since my depression started getting worse and worse, I just started eating uncontrollably. I've already gained about 7 pounds and I just can't bring myself to do the right thing and stop eating. God, what can I do? I lost so much weight and now it's coming back and I want to die when I look in the mirror but it seems like the only way to feel better is to just have a little snack. Just a little more, and I'll feel okay. Please help me, what do you do when you feel like this?
  2. AEdle

AEdle Well-Known Member

Please try to cut the snack...

Today a bit...tomorrow other bit and so on!

Keep you busy.Work out!When you want to eat a snack which is rich in calories try to do some abd. like 5 .

Or if you want a snack eat healthy!Something like a fruit or a veg.

I am really sorry to hear that you`ve gained 7 IBS...I know how hard is this Binge...I B/P and believe me i wish i could prevent everyone and protect them from this ill. It`s really hard to cook food and eat only because you know you have to P.

Take care! :hug:
  3. flower123

flower123 Member

i binge eat too - although i felt sick today so cudn't eat my tea n makes me worried about how people may percieve it. you can get through this i promise you *hugs* im here for you. ive put on a stone n a half since hospital so am now at the upper end of the normal category!!!!!!! i hate my figure too but just think that until i get help but the ed clinic - i can't pressurise myself.... how are you atm? xflower123x
  4. My_eyes_lie

My_eyes_lie Well-Known Member

Identify your stressors and stop them before you get to the point where you binge. Binge eating is usually done out of anxiety. Have you tried journaling, walking, talking, yoga, anything to distract yourself and deal with the emotion at hand?
  5. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

I feel you OP. I was down to 112 pound this past May. Now, I am back up to 135. When I was extremely depressed I couldn't eat. Now, that I am still depressed but more stable in my depression and over the initial shock, I eat and eat. I am disgusted in myself, bored with my life, eating gives me comfort and when I am depressed about the weight gain, it seems that eating makes me feel better. Because I am do not have a car at the moment, I have no way to work out and it is freezing here...
  6. AEdle

AEdle Well-Known Member

I kinda understand you i was 105 and because of bulimia I gained 23 IBS.
  7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

eating like this is away for you to through your pain & depressed on food.you need to find another way to get rid of it.find another hobby,get busy in another thing,maybe when you want the urge to eat go for a walk or sport,draw or do somthing you like.
  8. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I find that when I start throwing up again that I gain weight. It is better to just eat because when I throw up, I only get super hungry, feel weak, and want to eat again.
  9. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Celery is pretty much the best snack- put a bit of peanut butter on it and you get energy and very little calories; and it's tasty!

If you have a problem with yourself every time you look in the mirror you really need to avoid doing so...
    I've been obsessed with weighing myself several times a day- so I took the scale out of the bathroom and hid it in the closet. If you can't throw away your mirrors, then just avoid them.
    You should like the way you look, but it's hard for all of us to like ourselves...
    Try not to get upset, just control your snacking habits and slow it down- try and find something else constructive you can do like crafts or writing instead of snacking.
    You can also try drinking juice or water when you feel like snacking; instead of food. If you need something crunchy to snack on, try crackers?

You can do it, just try not to go too hard on yourself okay?

I lost so much weight these past months- close to 30 pounds, but I've gained half of it back just during the holidays because there was so much tempting food around! ack!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.