I've started cutting again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Eztral, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eztral

Eztral Member

I was really depressed for a while, and now that all is over, I find myself cutting, I made a sleeve of cuts from my neck to wrist, I have no idea how it happend, I just was in the shower, and it just happend, I can remember standing in there because of the searing pain of water in wounds, I got out, I looked in the mirror, and I realized what I had done.

This is different, is it my body telling me I have still something to deal with? because I feel fine.. at least I think I do.. I don't know if it's making any sense at all..
  2. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

I think this is a sign to yourself that you do still need help, there's still something you need to deal with

Take care of yourself *hug*
  3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

You mean you dont really remember doing it? I can relate. It's like something takes over your mind and almost forces you to carve into yourself. It's a good thing in some ways, because orelse it is harding to make yourself bleed. I dont know how to explain it, but yeh there is definitely something up with you thats causing the SH.
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Eztral, please refrain from cutting yourself. Maybe a good idea would be to make sure that there are no knives around the next time you take a shower? Also, you don't remember cutting yourself. This is very serious, because it shows that you are dissociating at times and basically anything can happen.
  5. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

i cut myself this morn for no apparant reason...its like a addiction,a erge u mite say
  6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I just don't understand how you guys can do this to yourselves. It makes me sad just thinking about it.
  7. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Hmmm that's the thing really. Not a lot of people do understand :unsure:

I suppose if you are not a SHer then its quite hard to understand :unsure:
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I guess that's the hard part for someone who doesn't cut. How do you help someone if you don't understand why they are doing it?
  9. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I suppose you just have to try and put yourself in their shoes.

It's hard offering help when you don't know a lot about the subject and have no experience. I used to have to do it with a close mate (before I started SHing) and I just tried to imagine what they were feeling and what lead to them SHing. Its a really quite a hard thing to understand without experience. :unsure:
  10. Only1?

Only1? Active Member

Maybe you cant help if you cant understand it?

I went through a period of self harming as a teenager and scared up my arm. Later on I started peircing myself, and turned my sh scars into other things. :blink: I then branded my entire forearm with an entwined dragon, :huh: and this covered all traces of sh, but as my bf says now, WTF did you do that for?????? it just looks like you tipped a kettle over your arm :biggrin:

I dont know why I did it, I have a v high pain barrier, and wanted to try these things out. Regret the way they look a bit, but just say I had a tattoo removed :wink:

To op I hope you stop in time, its a release I suppose but just be careful and dont let it overtake you. Try to get some professional help and tc :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.