i've started on my legs

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by emily83, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

not that i've run out of space on my arms, but recently i've come to realise that the legs are far more satisfying- i tend to do it a lot more than other parts of my body

has anyone else tried their legs

2. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I've done my legs before, easier to hide sometimes, and I understand what you mean by more satisfying...

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

No, but I've been thinking about it...guess I just want to inflict as much pain as possible upon myself.

4. please forgive me

please forgive me Account Closed

Yes i have, at work they frowned at my cuts so i started on my legs which is a lot more "satisfying" actually.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

their's that too, i suppose

my main reason for doing it though is a much more intense pain

6. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

i totally relate to this, it's satisfying in a different level, and bleeds a lot too. a lot to work with in sense of 'space' too, if you know what i mean......

7. Britt.woodman

Britt.woodman Member

I do the legs, my legs never get seen so its perfect for me

8. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I agree, much more intense

9. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Yup, mainly to hide. Less sensitive to me though

10. goneforever

goneforever Active Member

ive done pretty much everywhere I have to say the most satisfying place for me was my chest

11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Regardless of where or the reason that place- pain, easier to hide, just someplace different, one thing is apparent. While it is being used as a coping method to relieve extremes of pain or emotion, it does not last long and becomes less satisfying and does less to relieve anything over time. That is why the ever evolving methods and locations looking for relief that it no longer really gives.

A far safer and more satisfying method is to keep trying to find ways to address the underlying stress or situation that makes the need to seek relief take on a dangerous coping method like cutting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.