I've stopped caring.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by transparent, Mar 23, 2010.

1. transparent

transparent Well-Known Member

Plain and simple...I've stopped caring about what happens to me.
    Stopped caring about everything. I wanted to walk out in front of a bus the other day, but I didn't because a friend was with me. I wouldn't want her to see that. I don't care about anything. My mom will ask me, "What are you interested in...What do you want to do with the rest of your life?"
    ....psht, I don't know because I don't care. I try to explain to her how I feel but she doesn't understnd. She sometimes thinks I'm making it up. So, I've stopped caring if she believes me or not ...and so we've stopped talking. Or at least I have. I don't care if we do or don't talk. I doesn't make a difference either way with her.
    I just feel like I'm wasting oxygen that someone else could use.

2. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do :(
    I feel the same way myself.
    I'm here if you ever want to talk.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Is there someone else you can talk to someone that can help you out of your depression a psychologist a teacher someone that you can connect with. It is hard as a parent as we only want to help but sometimes we go about it wrong. I hope you can reach out and get some help ask you mom to get you some professional help to see if that works.

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It sounds like you care for your friend, even if you don't feel that care, or maybe if you don't want to care. If you didn't care you wouldn't have bothered about what she saw if you walked out in front of a bus.

I think that's a good thing because it means there is the capability to care, in general, just it is something you are struggling with right now.

Have you told anyone how you feel? There are ways to bring back that care.

5. transparent

transparent Well-Known Member

I've been to therapy, on many different types of drugs (often at the same time), a psychiatrist...so yes. I've tried talking to people. The whole sha-bang. No matter what people tell me, or what I tell them, it doesn't help.