Ive tried all i can think of- i give up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sunny, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunny

sunny Member

Im so tired. I phoned my parents tonight to find out if they were getting divirced or not because last week after 9 months of no contact my dad phoned to tell me they were and that it was my fault. Tonght my mum answered the phone when I said hi she said whos this? I said its me she said whos me, so i told her and she went 'eh' oh right course, didnt recognise your voice!

Ive tried so hard to rebuild everything this past couple of months, ever since being sectioned and being in hospital. I thought about applying to do a nursing degree, everyone thinks its funny like i just switch from one thing to the next, not succeeding at anything, which is true.

I just dont care anymore, there just doesnt seem to be anything left for me anymore, everything i touch falls apart, the people I know seem to become depressed just being around me so im bringing them down to.

My doctors seem to hate me not that it matters because they're arent there anyway. Everyone tells me to call the crisis team when im like this, should i? is that what i need? do i need to talk and have someone attempt to talk me out of what i really want to do? would i just be wasting their time? or do i do the only brave thing and take that final step?

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sometimes just having someone listen to all your pains and torments can help you from not doing something that cant be changed. HUn, you have let the members here see your pain and so many understand it. Keep posting, it does help to get those thoughts and feelings out and where others can see just how real they are. We tend to isolate and shut out others so that the feelings an stay hidden deep inside so that we dont have to really deal with them. But by doing that we are actually causing those pains to grow in size and number. Post hun, no one here is going to judge you only try to help and support you anyway they can. Call that crisis line right now and then keep moving forward from there. Also try a support group. You'll be amazed at how much strength you can gather fromt he others there just by knowing you truly arent alone in all this. Yes hun do the brave thing but rather than take that final step, why not take the first step to getting help to get past all this?

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I would be carefull about group support. This is just my thoughts on the matter. I tried two support groups. The first one flat out attacked me with questions coming from left and right. I never went back!! The second one had a therapist sit in to guide you down the right path. Well I was talking and this girl in there told me my thoughts are unacceptable. The therapist said nothing the way she attacked me. It set me back about six months in my treatment with my therapist. She said she wants to bitch slap that girl...
    I am not saying group therapy is wrong because I am sure there are some that actually help. I am only speaking from my own experience with them.Good Luck....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.