Jack the ripper identified after 126 years

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Petal, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think this is amazing!! New DNA evidence has brought to light who jack the ripper was. Y'know when you were younger and told not to talk to strangers, ''don't talk to any strangers s/he could be jack the ripper!'' Yup. I remember hearing that a lot when I was young! Jack the ripper is the original ''whodunnit''! Anyway he was a Polish born hairdresser who was later put into an asylum.

Article here, it's a world exclusive! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iminal-126-years-string-terrible-murders.html

2. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

It may just be me, but this is a little upsetting, just because I liked the mystery behind it all.
    It's a good thing that we have the technology to find these things out, but it kind of ruins the stories for some of us now.
    Plus it's the Daily Mail so I wouldn't believe it completely until it's backed up somewhere else lol

3. Petal

Haha yes it does ruin the mystery but the DNA technology today is amazing! It's hard to think what more they will uncover in a hundred years from now-technology wise, it's incredible :)

And yes lol I hope it is backed up elsewhere ( I did not check ) but it does seem very convincing as he was one of the original suspects!

4. Petal

I just checked, it does appear to be on other news websites aswell. So I guess the credibility has gone up lols. The advanced DNA technology put him at the site and on clothing and he was one of a few original suspects, amazing they found the ripper after more than a century and a quarter. Just a pity he's not here to do the time.

5. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

I have seen a few websites discrediting it but I'm sure the research will be done and more evidence will be collected and tested to make sure. It is amazing though, you're right. I can't help but be sad it wasn't someone more 'high-profile' lol. Just for the shock factor I guess :p
    He did spend a fair bit of his life in an asylum though, which I'm pretty sure would have been worse than prison at those times!

6. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I always find articles like this so hard to believe, i can see it's shown a mans dna was on that item. Even if this was not handled after the incident there could be so many reasons why a mans dna could be on an item like this. This is not evidence, to many unknowns.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  7. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

This was discredited a few months ago. The two who identified the Polish dude made a mix-up with the dna evidence and matching with descendants. So Jack the ripper is still in the wind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.