Jade Goody

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Marshmallow, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

This probably wont make sense to anyone outside the UK but Jade Goody died at 3:55 this morning on mothers day surrounded by her mum, husband of a few weeks and family friend. She died of cervical cancer which spread though out her body. She was only 27. She became famous over here after appearing on big brother. She then went onto have a sucessful tv carrer. She then appeared on celebrity big brother and a few years later appeard (i believe cant remember) on another big brother. Its was then that she was told shr had cervical cancer. She was told in the diary room by her doctor on the phone. Since then her life has been documented pretty much 24/7 right up until death.

Since the news broke of her having cancer there has been a campaign to get the age for cervical smearing lowered, this has been sucessful. She was only 27.

I just wanted to pay my respecta to her family and her two boys who have lost their mum on a day that they should be spending with her.

R.I.P Jade x

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Let's hope they don't make a big circus of the funeral with those poor kids the centrepiece. Had no time for her personally, but how can you not feel sorry for someone who dies at 27 yrs old and leaves two little kids... sad.

3. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

i know its tragic and i feel for her family and loved onces, it's just the whole media circus..

its just that innocent childeren starve to death everyday..

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I think it's really sad. I wasn't particularly a Jade fan but no one deserves to go through what her and her family went through, especially those children. When anyone dies so young under such tragic circumstances and leaving two young children, be them famous or not, it's sad.

My heart goes out to her family, but also to all the other families in the world who have lost someone so tragically.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Was just about to come post this.

R.I.P Jade <3 :sad:

6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I can't say I was a huge fan of Jade but I was saddened to hear about her death this morning, even though it was inevitable. I've seen first hand how painful cancer is so perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. I feel sorry for her little boys, and it's a real shame she died on Mothers Day. :( RIP Jade.

7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

No-one deserves to go through cancer, but I, as rather a big cynic, never had much time for her and can't help but feel a bit disgusted at the media portrayal of things. It's as if she's the only person to ever suffer from / die of cancer :dry:
    What about the poor folks who suffer from it, leading an 'icognito' lifestyle?

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

R.I.P Jade x

God bless!

9. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

This is soooo sad :( I hope the fact that she died on mothers day doesn't impact too badly on her boys :(
    27..... That is the age of my eldest daughter! sooo young.....

R.I.P Jade,

10. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

I feel very sad for her two young boys and of course the loss of such a young life.
    I did not agree with the media circus surrounding her last months however it is good that because of it the age for cervical cancer screening in the Uk may be lowered.

11. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I also didn't really like Jade, but no one deserved the terrible death she endured, slow, painful and so so young.
    Well done her for looking to leaving her children financially secure and campaigning for cervical cancer.

12. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

The thread was intended to spare a thought for her kids who have lost their mother on today of all days and to pay some respect not to start a debate or be cynical about it. If you wanna discuss the subject like that then id suggest starting a thread in the soap box where post like yours belong as u are well aware. I'd gladly debate about it there but not in a thread that was to pay respect to her poor kids.

Thanks to everyone else who posted.

13. Petal

My thoughts exactly Vikki ^^

14. Petal

I think its fantastic that more women went for smear tests after Jade's illness was found out. She campaigned,done her best to get her voice heard,and I'm sure she saved many lives :hug:

R.I.P Jade, I'm sure she's looking down on her little boys :yes:

15. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

I fear for what the message of her death will bring to the generation to come: Why spend your life working hard, doing the right thing, and trying to do your best for the world and never be recognised for your achievments when you can get your tits out on big brother and be remembered for years after your death :unsure:.

16. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

dude, i started this thread to spare a thought for her kids not to slag her off :dry:

17. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Fair enough, but others too, have posted that they've been unimpressed at the way the media have handled things..

18. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Only Hazel has mentioned the media and that was AFTER your posted.

19. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Beautiful Disaster's also posted about it... Wasn't meaning to turn this thread into a debate at all, nor slag her off. Yes, it is a great tradegy that she's suffered from cancer, and now subsequently passed away, and on mother's day of all days, but the point should still be made that, according to some folks, the media has rather overhyped this as she is a 'celebrity' - for want of a better word.

These are just my thoughts, and if it makes me sound like a harsh git, then ... so let me be judged as one.

20. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Im not slagging her off. Im just saying what is this going to say for her kids. They watched her make millions out of making a fool out of herself on television, how is this going to teach them to understand the importance of working in order to get what they want in life?